ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heeellpp!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi,

I was talking to a Director at work and somehow I have managed to say I will try and tidy up his BMW Z4. Its the new shape, in white.

He's never washed it himself, always got the local cR wash people to do it, sainsburies etc. Wheels are caked in brake dust from the big old brakes, its the 340 BHP version.

Now, Im after advise. Im happy with my wash technique, Im happy with de-con and clay. Im also happy with the protection stage.

My issue is the machining. Main reason, Superguard.

Do I treat that the same as paint? Does its react different? I know nothing about this. I know BMW paint is generally soft, so would go in on a light pad with light cut and work up to what seems to do the job. But the SG is bothering me.

Would I be better with just a finishing pad and tripple for safety?

Thanks!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Treat it like anything else, start sort and work up.

The only problem I can see is with his paint warranty?

Supergard and gardx are a load of crap and r just for the main dealer to make even more money , if he was getting it washed at a car wash I'm sure any type of sealant will be long gone , on the up side if any one wanted some gardx pm me I've about 25 kits sitting hear

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Speak with the owner and see how he feels about you removing the supaguard and the warranty. However poorit may be he may want to retain it. In which case a normal cleanse, topped with glaze and wax is the way forward

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Supaguard would have been washed off after the first rainstorm. Don't worry about it.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Think I will wipe down with AF Rejuvenate, then finishing pad with AF Triple. Then seal with AF Tough Coat. Cant break anything then hopefully.