ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello everyone

'03 172, E39 M5
Hi all

Just a quick post to introduce myself - previous car history is pretty varied, including a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, E36 M3 Evo and a couple of TVRs, but I've always liked sporty french hatches, and am doing the occasional trackday in a 306 GTI-6 I picked up a couple of years ago.

I'm looking to replace the 306 with a 172 (probably full fat so it has some toys) so will be lurking around on here digging out information etc - if anyone knows of a good 172 for £1500-2000 feel free to let me know. Equally if anyone is after c.£1000 of 306 GTI-6 with some light track mods, get in touch :D

Cheers

Neal

e92 330i
Welcome to the site Neal. They'll always be a few 172's for sale on the site, but do some research about cambelts, as they tend to be an akward one on these rs clios as you'll find through-out the site. Pics of the 306 and TVRs?

'03 172, E39 M5
Cheers gh, much appreciated - pics below as requested :)

306 - minor mods - lowered/solid mounts for engine, gearbox and rear beam/M1144 pads/braided lines. Done 4-5 trackdays at UK circuits.

FrontQuarter.jpg

Cerbera 4.5 - fantastic car. Sold it as I realised it was semi-possible to use the performance on the road!

CIMG1876.jpg

CIMG1879.jpg

Chimaera 400 - my first TVR - great car, lovely noise and sense of occasion. Old-school driving experience.

Chimaera1.jpg

ChimaeraInterior1-1.jpg

e92 330i
No worries, 306 looks nice and tidy. especially like the Cerbera, looks fantastic with the dials under the steering wheel like that.

'03 172, E39 M5
Hi all

Just by way of an update, I bought an '03 plate full-fat 172 last weekend. Having it checked over (including new rear discs and pads) by TwoTechs later this week, but seems to be running nicely and I'm impressed so far. Looking for trackday opportunities prior to taking it on a 'Ring trip I've booked for September. Should be a fun year for the little car!

Neal