ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello! I need a Clio 172!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VW Touran, BeetleCab
Hi all,

Hi, I am a Renault newbie, so please be gentle with me.
I am far too old to be driving a Clio as my everyday car, and I couldn't get all of my 4 kids in one, BUT I have been bitten by the trackday bug(symptoms are...huge grin, oily hands and an empty wallet!)so I am after a 172, to play with.
I shall be asking lots of questions, as i don't know much about Clios, so please bear with me.
I do know a bit about cars, I have built 3 in my time, and modified a few more.
I built a MK1 RS2000(ask your Dad, he will remember them), A Ti Sunbeam, and a mini that we dropped an MG Metro engine in.
I bought an Alfa 145(the ugly one) this year, and we have just done 2 trackdays in her, and I can say that it's the most fun you can have whilst wearing clothes!!! To do any more with the Alfa, would mean throwing a large sum of money at it, and its difficult to get performance bits for it, and nigh on impossible to get stuff on Ebay for it.
So, after much debate, we have decided to go down the Clio route..............
Any help or advice always welcome!
Rich

Lots of people on here have done the same, there are lots of project logs you can have a read through and lots of people to offer advice and suggestions.

You're definitely in the right place.