ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello! My First Thread, Advice on my MK1 Clio!!

94' Valver F4R'd
Hi guys!

This is my first thread just want to know what people think, any advice and your opion. Its a 1.4Rt 8v 79Bhp, got just 35k on the clock, 27650 when i got it! :)

oho4yh.jpg

Lowered 35mm front and torsion bar to match
Mk1 Clio RSI wheels powder coated satin black
Yoko A539s 185/50/14
Front fogs with LEDs
HIDs to come
Black rear lights
Aero wipers
Clear indicators
drilled and groved discs new pad and painted calipers
Black hammerite drums
Have the RGM Splitter to put on but cant decide if it will look good :/
K&N inductuion Kit, Sounds amazing!
Kenwood head unit with steering controls wired up and working!
12'JBL and Sony amp bolted to MDF in boot :)
All speakers upgraded in standard place no silly 6x9s in the parcle shelf!
Led strips in the footwells
Led strip in boot

Probably missed stuff but you get the idea :)

Want more power but not sure what else i can do? any Ideas?

Just want to know what you think!

Thanks Guys :)

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if you want more power, look into converting it!!

F7P will drop straight in and be picked up for chips!
F7R will be just as easy to fit but engine costs slightly more and harder to find!
F4R can also be picked up easily for a bit of money but custom downpipe and wiring may be needed!!

In the mean time,
look into getting some 172 wishbones, arb, suspension to widen the track, a very common mod among the mk1 owners!

P.S. Welcome to CS!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How's insurance for you? A f7* conversion can be done in a weekend and is the best way to get more power in my experience with them.

94' Valver F4R'd
Thanks guys, Was looking at conversion but I just cant afford it and I would need to upgrade lots of parts to do it.
Engine, Jc5 Gearbox Front brakes upgraded and rears changed to discs from 16v or Williams :(
Then theres the wiring, Dash ect...

Is there nothing i can do to my 1.4 engine to get more power? I think it started life with 79Bhp want around 100?? ECU chip is £250 and only brings it to about 86-90bhp :(

My insurance is not too bad, I am on admiral multicar with 4 cars in the house, when i had the car standard on a provisional it was £750 then £150 when i passed. The renewal was Dec 10th and is £1266 with the mods on for an extra £16 inculded.

Dont want to convert it right now, too much work and it would be a waste of such a low millage great condition 1.4, so want more out of that!

'Struggler' Will 172 parts fit straight on? whats Arb? It handles well now with the wheels and lowering springs, the worst thing was the insane bodyroll, but this has all but gone with the new springs! just want a bit more power tbh

Are poly bushes worth putting on allround? Will it stiffen it up much??

Im getting a custom made stainless exhauset from the cat back because mine hangs low and scrapes everything!!
3" inward roll cut up into the bumper looks great on clios so im going for that!

Thinking of getting a Williams or Origanl Valver next in like 2 years when i can afford it!

Thanks again guys :)

Last edited:
You can swop the engine and keeep stock brakes etc but idealy need to swop everything if you do that might as well buy the faster car easier on insurance often

There is tuff you can do with the engine but gains are small unless you spend a but a remap won't get that sort of power gains though. If you DIY some stuff ie ITB cams etc you could make the better power but it will cost and the bigger 1.8/2.0 have the stronger box and brakes etc. Check your engines running the correct power anyway'

A sfor the 172 bits IMO if you want get the brakes and the suspesnion sorted with a Williams etc track

Poly bushes I don't rate but noone listens to me till it all goes wrong