ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello! Quicky: With £3.5 -4k what's the best bet?

Focus ST170
Hi Guys! :cool:

Just a quickie!

Just Sold my BMW 330 Sport (baby boy on the way!) and bought a Focus Zetec for the family car.

I'm looking for a fun car for me and I'm thinking a Clio fits the bill.

I just wanted your view and wondered what's the best bet?

1) Ph 1 172
2) Ph 2 172 (higher miler or Cat D - Stolen Recovered)
3) 1.2 Dynamique... :D

Cheers,

Ben

Focus ST170
^ They were sold to finance the wedding and buy a nicer house! :(

All the toys have gone, hence me trying to grab some 'car fun' back!

New house renovations and babies do that to a man... You have been warned! ;)

Last edited:
  VX220 lightning
^ They were sold to finance the wedding and buy a nicer house! :(

All the toys have gone, hence me trying to grab some 'car fun' back!

New house renovations and babies do that to a man... You have been warned! ;)

Unachievable with a 1.2 surely!!! PH2 IMO

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Get a nice williams and have some change with that budget.

What would you want the car for? General driving on the weekend with the occassional trackday?

Focus ST170
Go easy on me, I'm a n00b :)

Why Ph 1 FTW? Is the Ph 2 is 'just' a cosmetic overhaul? :quiet: And did they fook it up?

Are they pretty durable?? I'm hoping his is an exception, but my friend's Cup is made of chocolate... :S

the ph1 172 is apparently the better built clio compared to the ph2 172... unless if you wanna pay a bit more for a ph 172 cup.. some ph1 172's have the rare options of alloy bonnet/shiftlight... (like mine)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
yes. ph1 ever so slightly quicker and better throttle response. cheap. should have cambelt done long ago, cheap tyres to replace and you can get a straight car. Rather a cat d or high miler ph2. Only go for a ph2 if you like the facelift styling.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
well never seen a straight decent ph2 go for that price.. there you go. pm the opening poster with details im sure he would be interested?

plus considering the cup was a grand cheaper than the ff when it came out do you value yours at 4 k anyway?

2003 Clio 172 cup
i'll speak to him mate and give him the guys name and leave it up to him. i've not seen many at that price either but i think the problem is with so many about they aint always selling for top whack fella

172 Cup
sorry to highjack but if there is anyone with a ph1 172 i have cash waiting up to £3600ish. pm me i check here most days!