ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello there Rs Twingo owner from southend

Renaultsport Twingo
Hi there im Joe 28 southend, essex with a capsi red Twingo 133
Previously had a saxo vts 140bhp bilsteins etc if ever clio owners needed to know the benefit of losing 100kg they should drive one of these.

Signed up on here as i hear Twingo is very similar to the Clio 2 rs

Not sure on a few things i hear the Rs Twingo ff is stiffer than the clio ff?

Also is the track wider on the twingo?

Renaultsport Twingo
Cheers. Advance warning. I was banned from twingo133.net for 'rascism' im a bit jokey but harmless so dont take what i say to heart people.

Im sure this is a good place anyway.

Renaultsport Twingo
Ive got a full fat as i needed the sliding rear seats and i figured eventually i would get coilovers anyway so didnt see the need for cup chassis. Some days i regret this but when on a bumpy road im quite glad! I aim to have the clio 200 sometime in the next few years but this is fine till then. As long as you rev it to the green in every gear even the hotter hatches take a while to get past so its not too bad really and cornering is a hoot a lot more stable than my old saxo but a little less agile. Traction control is a blessing and a curse because it kicks i n mid corner which is a pita but when you want it to kick in say to stop wheel spin in the rain it takes forever so generally i leave it off unless its really wet.

Made the mistake of buying cheap front tyres too so im forever plagued by understeer but never gt oversteer so lesson learnt on that one. Conti 3s ftw

An orange one
Is the TC different on the non cup suspension... I take it you're has the 16" wheels too?

Mine is full fat with cup chassis and I've never seen the TC light flicker and it does get ragged!

Your right about then being quick little buggers,

Renaultsport Twingo
Yeah its on 16" wheels but still 195 width. I do erm push it a little bit haha. Had some young **** end in a type r follow me out of the petrol station 2 nights back and sit on my bumper. I then proceeded to play his stupid game as there was no one around. First corner i genuinly thought he had crashed he was that far behind 300m straight almost on me then again corner 100m lead, straight on me again and so on till i got bored after he managed to get past on a straight and let him go. Thats the problem i genuinely think young uns dont nees more than 100bhp as ive had slow cars my whole life and you just improve your driving to get faster not go out and buy a car with 100hp more.

Ive wanted an alien green or liquid yellow 200 cup since 2009 and ive test driven them 3 times! Such an epic car with its front axle setup and that immense power and torque. Love it

Theres a few 182s i see around southend so wonder if they are on here and a v6.
RS drivers are so much better on the whole than other marques i think cos we are all a bit more grown up.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Welcome mate I'm from Southend too :) drive a silver 182... I'll look out for you, don't see too many 133's around here!

Renaultsport Twingo
Welcome mate I'm from Southend too :) drive a silver 182... I'll look out for you, don't see too many 133's around here!

I have seen a silver 182 about standard looking?

Mines a 59 reg 133 non cup think theres one other red one in the area but his is the mildly facelifted red 133 with the new style badges and gloss bumpers and cup wheels.

Think theres a gordini about and a black one but thats it they are rare as rocking house poop!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Oh yeah I've seen the Gordini one, just a few roads away from me. I do like it but the blue on the wheels is awful imo.

Yup mine's basically totally standard from the outside! Mods coming in a couple of months time though :)

Get yourself along to the Renaultsport track day in Kent in October, I'm about to book it up.

Renaultsport Twingo
Is it near mcdonalds? Hamstel rd? I pulled myself over there after the undercovers in their vrs had me fly past them oops so i pulled myself over and the appreciated the gesture lol Right next to that gordini. Deffo agree on the wheels bit looks really stupid as does the rest of the interior being in blue.

Is it at brands hatch? Been there a few times so might try and do that again then.

Renaultsport Twingo
So after yet another ban from twingo 133 (well same ban but caught using another username lol)

Back i am!

Tomorrow my new drilled and grooves front brakes will be fitted with brembo pads and im on the lookout for new tyres as i stupidly bought rockstone insyead of conti 3

Moral of story is buy cheap buy twice!

31st Aug is renaultsport trackday at bedford so i hope to harass some of you clio owners with my raw enthiusiasm as i dont know the track lol