ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help. A lot of car problems but don't want to get rid of it

Renault Clio Sport MK2
Hey guys, thanks for looking at my thread.

The main issue I have just now that worries me when I drive my car is that when I am driving theres a knocking/banging noise coming from the front of the car. It feels as if its right beneath my feet. However the noise stops as soon as I apply the brakes. Is this something to do with the brake system or is it something else. Also should I get this fixed as soon as possible as I really have to drive tonight.

Thanks

Daniel

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Jack it up, check for wheel bearing issues (wiggle the wheel). If that's all good, take the wheel off and see if you can work out what's wrong.

Could be any number of things.

Renault Clio Sport MK2
Jack it up, check for wheel bearing issues (wiggle the wheel). If that's all good, take the wheel off and see if you can work out what's wrong.

Could be any number of things.

I jacked the car up and wiggle the wheel but got no play, so I took the wheel off and wiggled the actual wheel hub and it has a slight play in it. Is this a wheel bearing issue?