ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help/Advice High Pressure fuel injection pump

1.5 DCI 68 2006 (55)
Hi,
My daughters Clio , Broke down yesterday and was towed by RAC to nearby Renault garage in Hull. They have run diagnostics and are saying High Pressure Fuel Injection Pump has gone and a bill of £1100 will solve it!
Is there any known fixes to these as apparently its getting air into fuel and stalling, but dont want to give go ahead to garage if theres a 'quick fix'.
Car has done just over 100,000miles and is a 1.5 dci expression 65 Reg:SN55BRK.
Seen Europarts have a Delphi pump on recon exchange for £467.94 wasn't sure if this is part though.
Any comments/help appreciated
thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi Stu, sorry to hear of the trouble.

I'm afraid it depends on where the air leak is... I'm guessing that it's the plastic connector on the back of the HP? If that's the case then I'm afraid a new pump is required as the stupid plastic connectors are a designed weak point to punish careless mechanics but I'd have all the fuel lines checked also.

There are a few variations on the pumps depending on your engines power output so be sure you get the right one however the Delphi unit is the correct manufacturer on the K9K's so most likely will be correct.

Mick

1.5 DCI 68 2006 (55)
Cheers Mick,
It's the 65 brake horse power engine thats in it. Would Renault use a recon or brand new? (normally)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They *should* use a brand new unit however I've seen them fit cheap alternators and invoice it as genuine before. There's nothing wrong with a properly refurbished pump though.