ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help ASAP with mk1 172 ecu

172, Westfield
I have just fitted my new group n ecu and followed the instructions given exactly including the initial start up procedure to lock it to the car but the car just turns over and will not fire!
Any one got any suggestions to try before phoning company tomorrow I got it from?

I disconnected the battery and also had to disconnect the wiring plug from the fuel cut off switch so could it be possible I have to push this to re set it?

Last edited:
  172, Westfield
Immobiliser light not on at all when I attempt to start the car - The engine just turns over -

Looks like im car-less tomorrow right now!!

172, Westfield
Just popped old ECU back in and starts first time

Can only assume that the new ECU is not being locked to the car?

(procedure tried as per K Tec - Turn ignition on till immob light out - once light gone out turn ignition off and await for immob light to start flashing again - once light started flashing fire up car as normal)

Anything else I can try? Any ideas appreciated!

Do you have access to a multimeter? If so, pull one of the injector plugs off and see what voltage you get a: with the ignition off
b: ign on
c: Cranking

You should get a small voltage when ign on, nothing when off, and pulses of 5ish volts when cranking