ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help assistance Needed to diagnose / get my 172 Runnining (Wrexham North Wales)

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Anybody good with Clio 172's who could help me out / diagnose why I cant get my Clio to fire up.

The car has been off the road since I purchased it as it was a project for trackdays .

Due to a serious road accident and injury I think ive had the car 4 years now and still not driven it :-( .

I removed the engine and dropped it off at Birchdown for cambelt and de-phaser puller change and new pumps fitted.

I have got the Engine back in the car but I cannot get the car to start , Its turning over but not firing.

Fuel is getting to the injector rail but not sure if im getting a spark , need to be checked.

I did fit a new TDC sensor prior to removal of engine as one day the car would not fire up .

If anyone is willing to come down and take a look and go through some checks with me I would be happy to cover your costs.

The car is on my drive and it would be a pain trying to get it towed to a garage .

Let me know if anybody is willing to come give me a hand , I would love to get this on track this year.

Regards

Michael

Cliosport172
I have the exact same issue just now mate. It's an absolute ball ache to source the problem :/ hope you get it running soon though

172 + tweaked laguna
Got a guy called Ben who runs a company based in Deeside called 'Ignition'. He is a Renault guru and will have it sorted for you in no time.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
XRMike , Is he mobile at all ?

There wasn't a lot of fuel in the car on stripping and I put some fresh fuel afew weeks back

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Anyone who can help ? I am willing to pay if somebody can diagnose or get it running