ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help - broken off wheel bolt stuck in hub!

christ 3 wheel bolts will hold a wheel fine, my mates vts has been like it for nearly 10 months and done two trackdays

tiTTy & SV650
blow torch ftw if it's seized, worked a treat for me recently - when it expands and contracts it loosens.

"Navy" N17 TWO
2 of my bolts in the front n/s wheel snapped yesterday :(

Got the wheel off, caliper off, disc off and tried to grip the bolts out of the hub but they were cross-threaded.
Any ideas how I can get them out? So far I'm looking for a hub:(

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Most of the time, the actual thread on the hub is alot stronger than that on the bolts, so with new wheel bolts you should be ok. Good way to test is to get a GOOD wheel bolt and use your fingers to see if they do in the suspected holes ok....chances are you will be ok, if not then rethread or new hub,.

"Navy" N17 TWO
That's exactly what my mate done for me yesterday - drilled the bits out that were stuck and rethreaded the hub. Put all back together and drove it - car is running happy again :D