ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! car is freezing..

Hi,
so following from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/threads/temperatures-on-climate-control-all-wrong.758107/#post-10480028
my car has been blowing nothing but cold air at me for awhile now, I changed my internal temperature sensor but that did nothing.
I then brought the car to an auto electrician who did a diagnostic on it, what he got from the computer was that the car thought the exterior temperature was 55 degrees outside, on the dashboard the car displays the correct outside temperature but when I turn on the heater it just blows out air conditioning to combat the supposed 55 degrees which isn't very nice on a 0 degree morning :/
Hope you can help, really starting to annoy me now...
Cheers.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Have you checked to see if your cog hasn't broken under your vents? Mine was stuck on hot as the Wentworth key so to speak wasn't located in the cog due to the plastic breaking. Cable tie around it and it's been perfect since.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
what happens when you tell the climate control to set to MAX temperature rather than 26. surely that should out put heat.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It will be as above, the control motor cannot alter the temp because the plastic has snapped.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Or.
If the Temp sensor is missing / broken in the cabin you may also have this issue.

Turn heat up to max, Turn off car, then restart it. if heat then comes out its the temp sensor.

if not then its the Cog / Motor thats come

i've inspected the cog when it started but could see any visible damage done to it, I originally thought it would be this but the fact that the cars ecu seems to think it's 55 degrees and on another occasion 48 degrees has me baffled. the interior display tells me the correct temperature. i'll inspect the cog again and see if i can spot any damage..

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Remember it's the keyway of the cog that has the damage not the outer teeth (sorry, don't mean to teach you to suck eggs) and it can be quite hard to see. Hope you get it sorted.

Remember it's the keyway of the cog that has the damage not the outer teeth (sorry, don't mean to teach you to suck eggs) and it can be quite hard to see. Hope you get it sorted.
Oh right, so it wouldn't be immediately visible? that might change things, and you reckon just putting a cable tie around it will work?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Oh right, so it wouldn't be immediately visible? that might change things, and you reckon just putting a cable tie around it will work?

Nope not at all, it's quite hard to see it. Maybe take a pic for us when you remove it again.

Probably the most fiddly job I've done on the car so far, it is in such an awkward place.

yeah i'm just happy I haven't replaced that really awkward bolt near the back yet lol , i'll have to take it apart again when i'm not busy, bloody exams now.. cheers..