ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!! From any radio buffs please

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

I have a Sony H/U and 10 disc changer, the H/U is 22w x 4, it has a small amp under the dash which I presume is for the front speakers and tweeters, a slightly larger amp under the passenger seat which is maybe for the 6x9s and I have put in a sub with its own amp in the boot.

Now it doesnt seem as loud as in my Five which had a better H/U but Im thinking that cause the Clio is newer the sound proffing will be better therefore its not seeming as loud.

Given it has the three amps if I was to upgrade the H/U to say a 50w x 4 would it make any difference or are the amps doing all the work anyway.

Clio II and Grand Modus

If your running amp´s on all speakers the H/U are not using it´s build in amp so upgrading it will not work. But you could try and turn the GAIN switch on the amp´s to make more power but don´t blow the speakers eye;)

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Cheers mate, its loud enough really was just wondering if the H/U was letting it all down but thats answered my question cheers mate.