ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help, ive got no keys!!!!!!!!

E36 M3. 182
hi all, my little cousin just got his first clio, a w reg 1.2 liberte, from auction. however, we a now left puzzled as to how to get into the boot, as theres no external lock and the car either doesnt have central locking, or doesnt have the correct keyfob, and well need to get a remote blippy one from renault, can anyons shed some light on the matter, cheers :)

www.renparts.co.uk
yes they seem to have supplied you without a remote key theyre expensive to buy and then get coded at renault though, looking at over 100.

RENAULT CLIO
fold down the rear saets and then get at torch! shine the torch where the boot latch is, you should see a small white clip, get a screwdriver and flick it left or right i cant remember exactly. The boot should then pop open!!!!

E36 M3. 182
well after some investigation, it transpires that it has never had central locking, but at some point it must have had its boot changed for one off a car which had central locking. now my car (w reg rsi) has central locking but also has a square boot opening button on the lid with a keyhole in it. but my cousins liberte just has a renault badge with a depresable centre with no keyhole. is it possible to swap these around?:(

E36 M3. 182
so can you just go down the scrappy and get the lock and required parts out of an older bootlid, or does the whole bootlid need to be swapped?