ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!Lamda???

172 Ph2
Just heard from Danny(dannyboy172) about the 172 that I'm buying from him tomorrow and it turns out that he has encountered a bit of a problem! He washed the car for me today and when he started it up the toxic warning light came on! It started to idle a bit irratically and doen't sit at the correct revs and fluctuates between 1 and 2K. He popped it to Renault and they had a quick look, they reckon it's the Lambda sensor but didn't have time/couldn't be bothered to sort it out on a Saturday. It appears that it leaves both of us in a bad position as the car really needs to be bought/sold tomorrow and isn't running properly! Danny is at the hospitol at the mo and can't get online so I need a bit of advice! What could the problem be (worst case) and how much should it cost (ball park). I really want the car and Danny really wants his Scooby! I'm sure all will be fine but it would be good to know how much a lambda would cost!

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Its a fault common mate.. I'm having mine done on Monday. I'm having it done under warranty so not sure on costs..

RS Clio 200
get onto yozza site, and get freds number... he doesnt seem to mind the odd call out of work hours. Im sure he will be able to offer you some advice mate

£70 or so for the sesnors or get one from a breakers yard.

Dead easy to change..

The dealership should have known altomatically stupid lazy dealership it comes up as a fault code.

172 Ph2
Cool guys! I think we've come up with an agreement anyway and I'm glad it should be a simple fix! The sale is still on:D

No more clio's for me!
Back from Hospital :clap: Although feeling like sh1te! lol

Glad to see this is going to be simple *touch wood* and full credit to Mark, excellent chap and very understanding. :)

Dan

172 Ph2
It turns out that the cat fell apart (as I've posted elsewhere!) but would this account for the light coming on and un-even idle? Is it still likely to be the lamda that's at fault? I'm now also under the impression that there are two lamdas? Is this correct as I've got one s/hand one on the way but I'm worried I may need two. I guess it's most likely that just one has gone anyway, if so are they both the same?!