ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help locking wheel nuts.

Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,

I've managed to misplace my locking wheel nut key after changing the discs and pads.... I've search the garage toolbox and car at least 5 times with no luck. My problem is I'm on the track on Saturday a need to change the wheels over...

So

1) can anyone tell me if this is a standard Renault locking wheel nut.
2) just by any chance is there anyone anywhere near Bedford that may have one that will fit.

If not it looks like it might have to be the welding a bolt on trick.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Clio 172 Sport
sorry phone wouldnt let me upload pic... here it is...

Attachments

• Wheel nut.jpg
    Wheel nut.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 81

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
No, it's not the standard Renault one. I'm sure (on my 197 anyway) they are pin locking nuts with a spinning collar.

That looks easy enough to hammer a socket over and get off that way.

Clio 172 Sport
No, it's not the standard Renault one. I'm sure (on my 197 anyway) they are pin locking nuts with a spinning collar.

That looks easy enough to hammer a socket over and get off that way.

Thanks for your reply... Didn't think you could hammer a socket over a spinning collar??

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Is there a technique to knocking the collar off? Or is it keep hammering till it comes off ?
When I knocked mine off, I just had the punch at an angle towards the top and hammered it until it split. Only took about 3 or 4 medium bangs. Absolute doddle mate. Just make sure you don't jolt and hit the wheel! Pad the wheel off if you have too!

Clio 172 Sport
When I knocked mine off, I just had the punch at an angle towards the top and hammered it until it split. Only took about 3 or 4 medium bangs. Absolute doddle mate. Just make sure you don't jolt and hit the wheel! Pad the wheel off if you have too!

Thanks mate I'll give that a go tomorrow night...as for the wheels the previous owner was very friendly with the curbs so one more chunk removed shouldn't make to much of a difference...........