ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help. Lost Service History.

Clio 182FF
Hello! Long time member of cliosport and really appreciate all the information available here! but i've never really posted on the forum myself. Anyway, i'm after some advice please...

Basically i took my 182 to a independent local garage for an MOT last summer. A week or two later i noticed the service book was missing from the glove box (the one with all the stamps in from the various dealers who have serviced it.) The book was definitely in there before, theres no reason why i would have taken it out and the car hasn't been anywhere else and no one else has access to it.

So i went back to the MOT place and explained the situation thinking it may have been left there accidentally. The bloke i spoke to got pretty pissed off and basically told me there was absolutely no chance that it was there. I went back a few days later to be told the same by the manager.

Clearly i left annoyed and didn't really think there was much more i could do, and stupidly (what with work and other commitments) i'd kinda forgotten until recently.

Now i'm wanting to sell my car is there any way i can prove it has a full renault service history without that book? If i go to a renault dealer can they find out where and when services were carried out etc, and give me prove?

Sorry if its a stupid question, any help/input would be appreciated!

Ben.

Lionel Richie
^well no, as the service book has the vin number in it, ring the dealer where it was serviced? All my services are on record, plus you can't lose the history as every invoice is e-mailed to you (unless i forget, which is common LOL!)

Clio 182FF
Yeah, next time im home i will be visiting the last dealer who serviced it. Surely they can give me some history on it?!

Anyways, thanks for confirming what i was thinking. Sounds like i should've gone to fred.

I thought you could ring around the dealers where it was serviced and they would re stamp a book for you. Sure someone on here did that.