ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me (silver insert in dash question??)

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Can anyone help me, basically I drove me and two mates up to see the artic monkeys in manchester yesterday and my mate thought it'd be a good idea to put his feet on the dash bit. He ended up scratching up the silver insert on my dash (git). Can they easily come off and be painted ??? any help would be brilliant cheers

1.2 16V Dynamique
Can anyone help me, basically I drove me and two mates up to see the artic monkeys in manchester yesterday and my mate thought it'd be a good idea to put his feet on the dash bit. He ended up scratching up the silver insert on my dash (git). Can they easily come off and be painted ??? any help would be brilliant cheers

Hey. Yeah, the silver horizontal strips? They come off easily. Open the glove box, get your fingers at the bottom of the strip and the thumb at the top and it will just pull off (need a LITTLE bit of force). For the strip by the driver's side, by the ignition, place your middle finger left hand behind it, and pull (gently).

I know this 'cause I tried it (read about it in Hayne's too). I done it because I thought the silver looked guff/cheap, so I bought some medium steel wool and carefully stripped it down to look black (looks kewl).

I got both strips, drivers and above glovebox, from a dismantlers, cost £7, worth it.

Richard (scotty-rich)

charge him for the paint!!

heres mine i done myself

DSCF0291.gif