ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, My Car's Been Keyed! Advice Please...

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Came home from work today to find some little toerags have keyed my car :mad::mad::mad:

Can anyone advise roughly how much this will cost, it seems quite deep and it's on the rear panel and door :dapprove:

Gutted, it's come just in time for the massive Lakeside meet at the weekend too!

Here's some pics, although it was dark so you can't see it very well...

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

Excuse the dirt ;)

w*****s :(

If it's down to the undercoat then you have no choice but to get it sprayed :(

Get to a few bodyshops and get some quotes - if it's just a blowover it shouldn't be horrendous, but it will be enough :(

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
w**kers :(

If it's down to the undercoat then you have no choice but to get it sprayed :(

Get to a few bodyshops and get some quotes - if it's just a blowover it shouldn't be horrendous, but it will be enough :(

Cheers, do you know of any good body shop's in the area?

R56 JCW
nothing u can do mate, last week i had my car jumped on the bonnet, told police but what can they do than keep an eye out

The ppl who do it are jealous imho

I can give you the number of a guy who works outside chelmsford that sprayed night.icon's valver many years ago, and he's also done good work for me :)

He takes a bit of time as he's usually booked well in advance though!

Other than that just get quotes from the stealership and some independant places - they usually come out much the same :(

I've not really had much work done by proper places so can't really comment on good/bad I'm afraid!

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
I can give you the number of a guy who works outside chelmsford that sprayed night.icon's valver many years ago, and he's also done good work for me :)

He takes a bit of time as he's usually booked well in advance though!

Other than that just get quotes from the stealership and some independant places - they usually come out much the same :(

I've not really had much work done by proper places so can't really comment on good/bad I'm afraid!

Can you PM me there details please!

BG 182 FF
this really annoys me what kind of person gets the urge when walking down the street and think right i will key or damage that car. :mad:
hope you get it sorted m8y

Mini Cooper S sport
Nooooooooooooooooooo b*****dS :(

Reminds me of when my RB was done - same side, almost identical damage.

Cost me £200 to get it resprayed (two panels, smart repair) but if it makes you feel better they did a brilliant job and it was good as new afterwards.

Fukcing little scrotes should be hung, drawn and quartered.

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Nooooooooooooooooooo b*****dS :(

Reminds me of when my RB was done - same side, almost identical damage.

Cost me £200 to get it resprayed (two panels) but if it makes you feel better they did a brilliant job and it was good as new afterwards.

Fukcing little scrotes should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Were abouts did you have yours done? Can you PM me some details!
Cheers. I have a few stone chips drivers side of the car aswell so hopeing i can get all done at once!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Sorry to see this Col...

What goes around comes around as they say.. and I sure hope the culprits of this suffer.

2002 172 monaco blue
b*stards, probably need to get whole panel re-sprayed. looking at around £200-300 for a decent job

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Anyone else got any good repairers to help, got a busy saturday morning now!

Thanks again to those that have Pm'd me some info already!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
w*****s. What I hate is that it's not as if you've done anything to them (i.e. do their mum up the shitter) its just done without reason.

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Col, you want to try Chips Away in Chelmsford.

Cheers, just tryed them and every were's only open funny times on a saturday between 9 and 12 mainly!

At the moment most places (with out seeing the car) our saying between 200 and 450!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Personally wouldn't use ChipsAway (or any other company that would do a 'local repair') on damage like that. Not a chance. It would always be visable...

My feeling is get it all professionally sprayed and blended in at a reputable bodyshop. Even if it means saving up for a month or two.

Col, I know of places, but miles away from you bud.

Best wishes with getting it sorted out!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i wouldn't say that damage would warent a respray... cant tell properly from the pictures but you MAY get away with wetsanding it and a ruddy good polish!

Dont know about a respray mate but its gutting :(

Shed.
If you have a machine polisher which im presuming you dont, you could always try getting some heavy cutting compound polish on it first. If not, im sure a local garage would be able to sort you out if they know what they are doing.

So either:

Machine polish it if it isnt down to bare metal.

If it is to metal:

Paint stick, wet sand with 2-3000 grit and polish.

Or:

Garage need to do it.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Thats a bummer mate, If your keeping it I would get a proper job done. My cup is off to body shop mon, it looks like my car was keyed before i had it.
Had the car just over two years and there are lots of dots coming through the laquer and the laquers gone funny along the drivers side (think its called crazed?). The bodyshop reckon it could of been a quick job maybe a smart repair but now the whole drivers side has to be rubbed right back cause of the quick job that was carried out before.
So having the drivers done plus the front end for chips and side skirts that are a bit tired for £600