ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed!! 182 help!

Liquid R27 067/500
Hi Guys,

I bought an 04 182 a couple of months back now which i thought was the standard car.

After being on Cliosport i soon found out that it has the cup spoiler pack fitted and it has the anthracite coloured wheels fitted too which, im presuming, means that the cup suspension pack has been fitted to it too?! How do i know if this is correct or that simply the wheels have been fitted? Is there any signs which i could tell that the cup suspension pack is fitted apart from the wheels?
Also theres a strange sound when manouvering at parking speeds etc etc through the steering wheel sometimes?? Is this quite a common things with the type of steering it had?

Any help much appreciated!

:D

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i am prob not the one to say as i dont know much about them at the moment, but take a picture from the side, then compare the ride heights with cars which have the same wheels ?? theres not gonna be too much in it but maybe ??

clio 182 black /gold
Well if your wheels are closer to the arch than this then i would say it has the cup suspension on also.
100_0971.jpg

Liquid R27 067/500
Leeshez said:
Well if your wheels are closer to the arch than this then i would say it has the cup suspension on also.
100_0971.jpg

Thanks a lot for that Leeshez, i think it does sit lower than that, but will check tomorrow

Cheers :)

Liquid R27 067/500
Dave said:
AMAZES me how ppl dont know what they are buying!

yeh but the thing is, the dealer who sold me it didnt know either! Although i didnt know to ask them at the time!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
polarbert said:
Sound is probably the ABS self test.

Wtf is an abs self test , lol ??

Sounds like it might be the suspension top mount if its on full right hand lock and slow speed . Common problem apparently that Renault know about and should fix under warranty .

The different in ride height makes so little difference Cped cars can be higher than none cuped.
There not much difference but have the camber checked there abut 1 degree differences.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
edde said:
The different in ride height makes so little difference Cped cars can be higher than none cuped.
There not much difference but have the camber checked there abut 1 degree differences.

Not true edde. The Cup suspension increases your cornering speeds - allows you to brake later - increases your top end speed, reduces world debt, helps climate change, promotes growth of fresh bamboo for pandas and errr, also looks better than non-Cup setup.

Well, that's what the Reno guy told me, anyway.... :p

D.

BMW M3
lol... I would say most likely is cup suspension.... i think it only sits 4mm's lower so hard to tell. And you prob wont tell from cornering ;)

The ABS test is a little run through it does just after you started the car. I park on a sloping drive way and when i reverse and then brake the pedel sometimes judders which is when you brake while its doing its thing., making sure its working ok.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Justin182 said:
lol... I would say most likely is cup suspension.... i think it only sits 4mm's lower so hard to tell. And you prob wont tell from cornering ;)

The ABS test is a little run through it does just after you started the car. I park on a sloping drive way and when i reverse and then brake the pedel sometimes judders which is when you brake while its doing its thing., making sure its working ok.

Never heard of that before , and can't say as i have ever felt it do it , on my 172 or 182 .

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Yep,i feel the ABS test every time i start the car up and drive off,its kind of like a little knock but not a knock at the same time,lol. You can feel the brake being squeezed a little.

artic blue 182 Cup
Dubai182 said:
Yep,i feel the ABS test every time i start the car up and drive off,its kind of like a little knock but not a knock at the same time,lol. You can feel the brake being squeezed a little.

Agree, that's the ABS test...

About the suspension top mount, its a common renault failure...even it has been registered in non-sport méganes... but don't worry, since it won't affect performance, durability of the components... mainly that's the reason "me thinks" that reno hasn't fixed it yet:mad:
Although there is also a solution...but you have to remove a lot of stuff for checking some steering column bolts or something like that I've been told...

By the way, mind my funny english m8s I'm spanish ;)

PD: Omar, that's a REALLY clean 182 artic... which wax d'u use??:D

Liquid R27 067/500
Thanks guys, dont think its the ABS test thing your going on about as its not when i press the brake pedal, only when im manouvering , like going from lock to lock etc etc at very slow, parking speeds id describe it as.

Almost like the noise that youd hear if you had your car slammed and the wheels were catching the arch liners really?

Think a trip to Renault is in order as theres still a year left on warranty :)

C

Cupster

^^ You ay make the problem worse if you let Renault look at there own car, lol.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Jobo said:
Thanks guys, dont think its the ABS test thing your going on about as its not when i press the brake pedal, only when im manouvering , like going from lock to lock etc etc at very slow, parking speeds id describe it as.

Almost like the noise that youd hear if you had your car slammed and the wheels were catching the arch liners really?

Think a trip to Renault is in order as theres still a year left on warranty :)

Sounds like the suspension mounts, nothing to worry about.

And LOL you don't have to press the brake pedal for the self test. The car self-tests meaning you don't have to!