ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed! Replacing Coolant...

Hi guys,

Firstly I'll admit I'm an idiot. Was topping the coolant reservoir up in the Octavia and due to the woman on the street yapping away I have closed the bonnet and forgot to put the lid back on :(

Short trip to Sainsburys and back and its boiled the coolant, and all has pissed out all over my street and drive. The cap is no where to be seen, its probably dropped through and is on the road somewhere.

I'm picking a new cap up today but how do I replace the entire coolant? Do I mix it 50/50 with water and just keep adding it to the coolant reservoir until it reaches half way between max and min? I have no idea.

Help!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, getting the stuff direct from VW. Believe its concentrate. Does it just go into the reservoir (where the min/max is)?
Aye mate, mix it 50/50 before you stick it in so you know you're definitely getting 50/50 and not 70/30. You might need to a special bleeding technique and summon the lord jesus christ whilst dancing on a ouija board because its an 2010+ VAG ?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
As above if the reservoir is empty then you will need to bleed it ideally which isn't that hard.

You'll probably need G13 for yours but check your handbook. I use G12 in my VRS which is pink, the G13 is purple. ECP is cheapest...

Regarding bleeding again if like the mk2 its a self bleeding system and you top up and let it run through the system and keep toping up until it stops taking it. Can take a while to get it full.