ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed to start 182 stuck in Manchester

Mini Cooper S
Car is failing to start tried everything replaced ecu/uch barrel ignition relays cleaned and wd-40 etc etc :S I have a solid red immobiliser light and it tries to turn over a couple of times and then nothing. Cant hear the fuel pump buzz and not sure if the coil pack or ecu is getting power can anyone help as I'm stuck here in Manchester I'm staying tonight but need to get home tomorrow (home to Cumbria) any help or info would be great cheers.

Renault Clio182 bean
Have you checked the connection on the plug of the antenna/immob ring? The hoop that sits over the ignition barrel that reads the keys code. any sort of contact resistance upsets them. These connections NEED to be dry and clean (don't spray wd40 on them)

Mini Cooper S
Yeah all checked and then replaced with a different unit both dry and good connections.