ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP no insurance :-(

Ive just bought the clio 172 off my old dear and thought i could be added on to her existing policy (Tesco) but apparantly i cant anymore because they have recently changed it so that you have to be over 21 :mad:. 2 months ago they gave us a quote of £1269.
Ive been ringing around all day for some quotes but have had not much luck.
ATM i am 20 (not 21 til January) and have 0 year claims :-(, ideally i would like to be an additional driver on my mums insurance.

Any suggestions on what i could do??

had the same problem mate, got a real good quote of tesco only 4 them to then change there policy, try elephant or admiral was cheapest for me 20yrs 2yncb was £1500 with mum and dad on policy i really think u will struggle to find better o and thats a 10month policy to help build up no claims

If you had a quote with them they will have kept it on their system !! Tell them this and they may be able to bring it back onto their system !! They usually honour their quotes for 3 months !! Give em a ring and give em your details !!

No the underwriters have changed the rules on group 14 + cars I believe. They tried that one on me but I already insure a group 20 car with them and they wanted me to wait til I was 21 to change my car! In the end they gave in and said theyd do it since I was a good customer.