ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP please!! My alarm keeps randomly going off on my cup..

306 TD Slut
as in the title... its onlt just started doing it today, and really annoying me, i dont wanna leave it ulocked, and im not going to ever do that.

any idea whats up with it? its 52 plate 26k.

cheers guys/gals

172 Cup
Faulty locking mechanism probably.

Happened twice now on my cup. You might start to notice the cental locking has a mind of it's own as you drive along.

RenaultSport clio Cup 172
Mine is doing exactly the same. If this is a common problem, is there anyone other than Renault that can fix it or does it need to go back to Renault????

172 Cup
Someone else could probably fix it but you'd end up paying. If it's under warranty then get Renault to sort it.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The fix that quite a few Trophy owners have had applied was to swap two wires around which reduced the sensitivity of the ultrasonic sensors.

RenaultSport clio Cup 172
.Griff. said:
Someone else could probably fix it but you'd end up paying. If it's under warranty then get Renault to sort it.

What if bought it from a third party garage and it's still under warranty, can i get them to fix it?

306 TD Slut
day- no way am i taking it to simpkins, i hate them! u know that lol!! will go to inchcape.

its not under warranty so no doubt whichever renault i take it to they will charge me a million quid and prob wont even fix it the first time.

is there any way of not putting the alram on..? i dont want it going off all night thats all.

i've checked all my windows and looked for spiders or anything else, i aimed the sensors into the middle of the car.

is there anyway of fixing it myself?/fault finding?

thanks guys

Mercedes SLK350
Disable the interior sensors for a couple of nights to see if that cures it, on my brothers 182 he found the alarm harness multiplug disconnected, after he reconnected it, the alarm would be going off by itself, he has now disabled the interior sensors to see if that is the problem, and will go from there.

306 TD Slut
its gonna have to be booked in somewhere i think. grr problem after problem, i think this car is cursed... or its just french ;)

big lee. how do you disconnect the interior sensors?

Mercedes SLK350
Sit in the car with all doors shut, switch ignition on/off twice then open door and get out, immediately arm the alarm, you should hear some beeps from the alarm to signal sensors switched off.

But you will have to do above procedure every time you lock your car because the alarm re sets itself after you have unlocked it and got in.

Edit - My brothers alarm has not gone off yet with the interior sensors disabled, so it looks like they are either too sensitive or they are faulty, is the wire swapping mod done by the stealers.

306 TD Slut
cheers mate, wil give it a go. just locking it with the key at the mo. but its boxed in the drive so it aint going anywhere. and at work its locked away ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The switching the ignition to position 2 and back a couple of times is great during summer months.

As a side note, does anyone else's car central locking only activate in certain positions,ie. you have to be in a particular position for the C.locking to work?

Donny

306 TD Slut
i dont really wanna de activate the inerior sensors.. defeats the object of having an alram really..? also reducing the sensitivity by 40% i dont really wanna do that..

Clown Car
furry_cup said:
i dont really wanna de activate the inerior sensors.. defeats the object of having an alram really..? also reducing the sensitivity by 40% i dont really wanna do that..

Temporarily Deactivating the interior sensors is just to test whether that is what is causing your alarm to go off all the time, i have got my car booked into the stealers tommorow morning, they are gonna check it out with the clip, and may turn down the sensitivity of the ultrasonics if that is the problem, i mentioned about the mod to swap over the sensor wires, they either said they do not do that or they did not know anything about it, can't remember.:S

306 TD Slut
its been okay so far today.. finger crossed.. i went to a garage they said they'll find out more and get back to me, but im guessing only renault can sort it do to security reasons..

Clown Car
Left mine with the stealers all day yeterday, for the alarm going off, picked it up later on and they said they could not find anything wrong :S , when i phoned them up to book the car in they said they could turn down the ultrasonic sensitivity using CLIP if that was the problem.

When i dropped the car off i gave them as much information as possible, i got the feeling when i was describing the fault the girl on the desk looked at me like i was the silly customer and should not be telling them whats up with my car.

When i handed the keys over i told them that the alarm wiring harness had been disconnected by someone else possibly to cover up the fact the alarm was going off, she even wrote it on the job card.

Anyways collects the keys and for a minute i thought they were gonna try and charge me for reconnecting the harness under n/s of dash, i could see a job description and a time of 0.8 written on the job card, she described what had been done spoke to someone else then just handed me my keys.

Lol three quarters of an hour to push 2 halfs of a plug together, i could do it in less than a minute, so far alarm has been ok, so not sure what they did.

306 TD Slut
hmmm at least they didnt charge you for t mate. mine has stopped mis behaving now, i think it was because it was windy and my vents were open, been good so far touch wood.