ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please Weston Super Vegas!!!

Hello all.

Drove the 182 about 70 miles, filled up on momentum yesterday, 5 minutes after driving the car in the bottom right hand of the dash got a amber warning exhaust or cel light constantly on, anyone with a code reader in weston or nearby that can help:S?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
  Racing Blue 182
I am starting to think that this is what caused my light to go on! Its been on for a while now, and now thinking about it, I changed from normal unleaded to super unleaded around the same time! Can this really cause the light to go on?

Hello Luke, I was told the previous owner always ran some kind of super but did mix brands, have you had your code read or light reset?

I do a 40 mile daily commute so its a bit of a worry!!!

I am starting to think that this is what caused my light to go on! Its been on for a while now, and now thinking about it, I changed from normal unleaded to super unleaded around the same time! Can this really cause the light to go on?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive got an RS Tuner and dont mind pulling the code up for you, I will be in Weston sunday night as im going for a pizza hut, I have a TERRIBLE memory though and am very busy, so PM me for my number and then text me sunday afternoon to remind me to bring it or I will no doubt forget.

These cars should ALWAYS be run on super.

Not sure, reading a few threads looks like spark plug, coil, front lambda etc etc, suppose I need the code read, chip if I hadnt had it looked at by then that would be awesome... I thought after the joys of subarus for 5 years getting a little runaround would be easier...

Racing Blue 182
Hello Luke, I was told the previous owner always ran some kind of super but did mix brands, have you had your code read or light reset?

I do a 40 mile daily commute so its a bit of a worry!!!
I had a decat, but it was fine for about a month until this came up, took the decat off, never went. I've had it read and the light reset many times! None of them worked! I'm just asking as I have been told that mine could be a wiring problem in the loom or a UCH fault :( which is a pain never mind expensive, so I thought if changing fuels does it then I'll go back to normal unleaded!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not sure, reading a few threads looks like spark plug, coil, front lambda etc etc, suppose I need the code read, chip if I hadnt had it looked at by then that would be awesome... I thought after the joys of subarus for 5 years getting a little runaround would be easier...

From one car with a nightmare cambelt and potentially dodgy pistons to another with exactly the same issues, lol

at least the 1*2 is good on fuel though!

I just did a mini diagnostics test, the is a t code so that is an injector problem? Yes cambelt was ok as has a subaru mechanic do cash in hand work for me, the amount of upkeep was crazy but was running 321/303 in the end. I am not even getting good mpg at the moment, 38 showing when I bought it, do a 40 mile daily commutte mixture 20 miles 70/80 mph on the m5 the rest on a/b roads, struggling to get 30, lol, still better than the scooby I suppose!!!

Just a update, been to see dan, issues were top engine mount threaded, timing sounds like it is possibly out, cel light went off after a few days but it was o2 sensor. Going to get dan & hopefully next post will say how happy I am & car is running well!!!

Alao got to say dan was really helpful & very knowledgeable.:cool:

Cheers chip, front o2 ordered, just need dan to get some time to time her up, fit sensor & put the new engine mount on, hopefully it will come on cam a little earlier & get some more mpg, still struggling to get 30/31mpg...miles better than the scooby, got to say it didnt like the sainsburys super I put in as seems to run more lumpy than normal so going to stick to momemtum for now. Dan seemed in the know for sure, thanks for the recommendation chip. Can't believe you know scotty, its a small petrol head world!!!

Old scotty gets around, lol, no he has been the main mechanic on my scoobs over the years so got to know him pretty well, I am looking forward to seeing this cup he has got his hands on.