ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help plz Clio cup cuts out!!!!!!

Clio cup 172
I have a 52 plate Clio cup and just recently every now and again when pulling up to a junction and depressing the clucth it cuts out. It starts up fine afterwards and runs ok but just very annoying grrr plz help :banghead:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It needs a service... TB is most likely badly fouled and needs cleaning.

Mick

Clio cup 172
I serviced the car about 2 months ago don't no weather this will have owt to do with it but the spedo keeps playing up dying then coming back to live again

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's not gonna help matters as the ecu needs the speed input. Replace the gearbox sensor with a new one from Renault... They're not mega expensive and fairly easy to change.

Mick

Clio cup 172
Right I'll get one sorted then thanks for that mate hopefully it will solve it misus keeps complaining as it keeps happening on her lol

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
had exactly this on a cup and it eventually developed an exceptionally noisy throttle body. Changed it and the stalling stopped

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Deacons. It's cut out since he bought it but sounded like it was chewing a bag of bolts when he came up sunday night before the track day on monday.

Deacons. It's cut out since he bought it but sounded like it was chewing a bag of bolts when he came up sunday night before the track day on monday.
ooo nasty.. off topic but 4got to mention on phone will also need a mani/cat gasket for when the car comes in 2u for the de-cat 2 go on