ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help regarding engine mounts (182)

Saxo VTR, RB Clio 182 Cup
Hiya All

Wondering if you can help me.

Car went into garage last week as there was a lot of movement and juddering, mechanic replaced the Staybar (gearbox stabiliser bar) but the juddering continued so it has been back in today and he has just called and said the engine mounts are perishing and in turn causing the exhaust to hit up onto the body of the car breaking that up.

He has spoken to Renault for me and they said they are aware of the problem but thats it.

So this is where he has asked me to come on here and see if anyone knows if any heavy duty mounts are made? Some upgraded ones that last longer than the renault ones?

If not I will go back to Renault and purchase the ones that are for the car and get him to fix but thought I would check first.

Thanks

53 Clio's & counting
Yes mate, this is quite common, though if standard mounts are fitted correctly there will be no problems until they start to wear.

K-tec do some grn N style ones, i have them and can recommend them

Thank you for clarifying.

I am happy to go back to dealer and get them, these have been on sinc Feb 2005 so its been 5 years wear.

Will look into KTec ones. I am such a woman when it comes to knowing what to get :(

53 Clio's & counting
lol i was the same, i use mine for track days as well as road driving and i found the standard mounts didnt last, but for average driving they are perfectly fine if fitted correctly :)

I am awaiting an email back from K Tec but been to garage and he has told me to get the Upper Gearbox Mount and Upper Engine Mount as we did Stabiliser (staybar) last week and the lower mount doesn;t need doing and that lower mount you can not get uprated anyway.

Thanks for help guys!

:)

Matt hardly at home these days as it is (saxo not been touched since he moved down here in 2006) hardly think he can fit in changing these for me LOL

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=441092

uprated ones will shake the s**t out of you on idle, fit std engine mounts and try this with dogbone one.

Now done bout 8000 miles on it still FINE :D

Try this first get matt to get his toolbox out ;)

Davo172 I went to do this on my 182 the other week, but couldnt as the central hole through the metal part of big bush is positioned off centre to what yours shows. When the rubber was twisted round, as you show the hole ends up being higher up and off centre so wont transfer the forces properly imo

Im gonna try the tiger seal mod

Rob.

53 Clio's & counting
My uprated ones dont vibrate much at all, i really honestly cant fault them, for my car they have been perfect

Si

RS Clio 172
my ktec ones dont vibrate much either. more than welcome to give mine a go and see what you think if we ever get round to having an iow meet.

SG9 Forester STi
Definitely go for the Ktec uprated mounts, I have found no fault with them. Did find they increased vibration but only for a while.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Davo172 I went to do this on my 182 the other week, but couldnt as the central hole through the metal part of big bush is positioned off centre to what yours shows. When the rubber was twisted round, as you show the hole ends up being higher up and off centre so wont transfer the forces properly imo

Im gonna try the tiger seal mod

Rob.

Central on mine mate as the bush is round . hole is not offcentre :S not sure if 182's are any different wouldnt think so tho

Central on mine mate as the bush is round . hole is not offcentre :S not sure if 182's are any different wouldnt think so tho

They are identical except the position of central hole.

Yeah thought it was strange you can see where the hole used to be centre but was filled then redrilled slightly more forward if that makes sense! It is a brand new dogbone and have also seen it like that on another!

Sorry for chatting of topic.

Rob.

my ktec ones dont vibrate much either. more than welcome to give mine a go and see what you think if we ever get round to having an iow meet.

Cheers Si ..

I am gonna purchase the uprated ones for sure.
Just need to get £185 now :)

Well I purchsed the uprated ones and had them fited yesterday. Car vibrates a bit but nothing that is bothering me.

BUT now the engine management light has come on. So car is going back in Weds and he is going to plug it in before the MOT!

Nightmare!

Plus the radio needs a code which I dunno if I have too! Not much luck with this car! LOL