ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Help Required at FCS **

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Basicly, we will need assistance with parking/stand layout, any of you that have attended in previous years will know we get our biggest turnout out FCS (in the region of 150-200 cars)
In previous years it has proved very difficult to dierct cars to our stand and try to arange them with the minimum of disruption to the rest of the show (in as best you can make a load of Renaults look pretty anyway)
If you are going to be attending this year, please consider offering your help. But please bear in mind, you will have to arrive slightly earlier than maybe you had originally planned (arriving early is essential, so don't volunteer if you can't commit to this)
Please pm me if you would like to volunteer for this, I will designate on a first come, first serve basis (when I reach a number that is deemed suitable, I'll then assign 'reserves')
Likewise, if we don't get enough offers of help, we'll have to make do we the basic 'carpark look' i'm afraid.
Thanks

alien green rs133
i dont mean to put the project on a downer but how you gonna make 150-200 cars not look like a car park??

alien green rs133
so baisically you want to create something without square edges.
any idea what space we are allocated this year and where abouts it is, is it simular spot to last year, ie kinda a L shape or more a rectangle??

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
For a start, we can do a timeline from williams* >> 200, with the minimum of effort and the rest is solely reliant on how much help we have. I just think we should at least try and achieve something a little more interesting.

I don't think we will know exactly what kind of shape/area we'll have to work with till the day, although I plan to get there on the saturday to access what we're working with and get some kind of plan that helpers can refer to.
I know from previous years, that we need more help and we are always criticised for not trying - so i'm trying.

*if we even have a williams

alien green rs133
heres a quick sketch, i bored so its messy but even this would be more interesting than just the car park look

18189064a12418554177o.jpg

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
8/10 for effort, i'll put it in the pot of ideas - if anyone else has any ideas, please speak now! (make sure they're realisticly do'able)

alien green rs133
i was thinking of getting an aerial shot of a clio and pasting it 200 times but the lazy side of me kicked in, damn i could of had 9/10 if i perservered with my original plan..

How about something like this??

FastCarShowPlan.jpg

E.G. Black cars spell out CS, Coloured make a square around them and then 172 Exclusives make the "." between CS

???

Last edited:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
We will only have 5 yellows though, and 3 times as many silver and blue.
Would be good to spell something with cars though

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I can't remember what we said, did we work out the members would provide enough hot-air to get it air-born?

Clio
csstand.jpg

But in all seriousness, good luck Brian, I've been a few years and you have alot of work to do there, will be awesome if you can pull it off!!!!

It's A Reno
I can't remember what we said, did we work out the members would provide enough hot-air to get it air-born?

It depends on who's going really.

There's some over inflated egos on here that would do the job quite nicely.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It depends on who's going really.

There's some over inflated egos on here that would do the job quite nicely.

This is true..

Mace - Shall we just put you in charge of the parking now and be done with it?

SQ5
Horseshoe shape with CS tent at the top so youd have 20 cars then the tent then twenty cars, then in front of them have 18/18 then 16/16 on the next row, leaving a huge run up to the CS tent were everyone can stand and chat!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
That sounds good but can you do a drawing, i'm struggling to envisage your 'creation'

alien green rs133
Rule.
1) all suggestions must be accompanied by a drawing that took no more than 5 minutes to make.

failure to comply with suggestion rules will no dout end in tears and/or infraction points.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
If you could get some rough figures/estimates for colours I'll spend some of my "free time" at work tmrw trying to design something interesting.

Please do spend some of your 'free time', call it compensation for the 'free time' I spent sending out your renewal pack.
If possible, ignore colours as much as possible as we're unlikely to get even numbers to do anything impressive with. We will get loads and loads of some colours and litterally single figures of others (yellow)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If we had a high percentage of black cars, then we could do something to look like fireworks? i.e black cars creating the night sky, lines of yellow cars for the trails and then a selection of colour cars for the explosions?

But I have no idea how big our space is?!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
i think we should make it look as messy as possible, like modern art.

Messy isn't such a bad thing, we could start with rows of neat cars lining our 'area' then have messy cars dotted around within?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Please do spend some of your 'free time', call it compensation for the 'free time' I spent sending out your renewal pack.
If possible, ignore colours as much as possible as we're unlikely to get even numbers to do anything impressive with. We will get loads and loads of some colours and litterally single figures of others (yellow)

Ok I'll spend some "free time" messing around tomorrow and report back.

P.s I've never been up to a car show, so please some idea of how big our area is going to be, in car lengths is fine, but just an idea will do nicely... i.e is it going to be 50 cars by 50 cars or like 500 cars by 500 cars, lol!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
If we had a high percentage of black cars, then we could do something to look like fireworks? i.e black cars creating the night sky, lines of yellow cars for the trails and then a selection of colour cars for the explosions?

But I have no idea how big our space is?!

Our area will be big enough to house as many people that choose to come on our stand, untill FCS stop selling tickets/stand passes, our area will keep growing - make sense?

Based on previous years, we get between 150 and 200 cars.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Here's my idea. I think this will work because the bigger the circle gets, the outside rows will always have more cars. So if we put LY at the front (because there is less of them) it will still fit in with the whole thing. So if the first row is LY, then the second is the next rarest colour and so on and so on.

The most popular colours can go at the back row of cars seeing as there is more of them etc. etc.

cslayoutidea.jpg

Barge
Not meaning to seem awkward here - just another perspective - whilst colour grouping is a nice idea, consistency and all that, surely you'll be walking along a row of RB/silver/black/arctic and thinking oh right yeah, nice. They all look (pretty much) the same. Having them dotted around means you actually take time to look at the car for what it is rather than a group of colours.

And I'm assuming nothing can be too tightly knit design wise because people will want to get out for track time, etc. I think a layout much like Jason's is cool, and more interesting than lines of cars but having it depending on colours might be a step too far, IMO of course.

The timeline idea isn't bad either. Perhaps a timeline at the front of the stand, and the others arranged as per Jason's diagram?

DB.

BMW 440i
Not meaning to seem awkward here - just another perspective - whilst colour grouping is a nice idea, consistency and all that, surely you'll be walking along a row of RB/silver/black/arctic and thinking oh right yeah, nice. They all look (pretty much) the same. Having them dotted around means you actually take time to look at the car for what it is rather than a group of colours.

The timeline idea isn't bad either. Perhaps a timeline at the front of the stand, and the others arranged as per Jason's diagram?

That's exactly what i thought. A unique layout would be ace, but having it colour coded would look a bit sh*t. Maybe you could have clumps of colours, eg 3 RBs, 3 Silvers etc if anything.

I think the winning solution will be in the layout and pattern. :)

ITB BG 182
As good as it would be to try and organise people in to rows of colour or age i think it will be alot more hassel than people think specially having short staff and not knowing what parking space is available.

If the area CS had for 2007, the big square area was the place we got this year then it might be possible. Still you or the club would be highly depending on members of this forum turning up on time to get people in to the area they should be in.

To think more realistic and a hell of lot easier just set up a shape and base it on a first come first park car by car area.

On the note of lending a hand Brian, i would offer if needed.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
See, this is why I said about restricting any colour grouping to the colours that feature in the logo, I feel that is achievable and it will look better amongst all the non-grouped.
But still, we are open to ideas

Barge
But surely the point still remains about the fact you'll be looking at eleven or however many blue cars lined up and thinking, oh right yes lovely, another blue car. You won't appreciate the car for what it is - you'll just see another blue car. And whilst that might not be incredibly important on standard models as they're the same regardless, those ones which are modded will just fade into the background.

The timeline is by far the best shot for individuality and an attention grabber as I'm pretty sure we could be certain of a model of each Clio turning up to FCS. Arranging the cars in a different shape, like as said for example, the way Jason demonstrated will show individuality without all the complex hassle and unnecessary stress on the day of organising cars in a particular pattern according to colour. Which is no ones fault it's simply difficult because of arrival times, people moving for track time or leaving entirely.

It's a nice idea, granted, but it'll be a logistical nightmare which will not only do your head in Brian, but being narked at to put your car in a particular place that early in the morning isn't great.

Hyundai i40
IMO i think that the cars will look good together in groups of the same colour

I think Jasons is a really good idea

If you really look at the cars then you will be able to see that people have put different mods on the cars etc. i dont look at every single car when im normally there, just the ones that stand out a little

Even if they were just straight lines with the cars of the same colour it would look cool

Maybe need a couple of rows for silver tho! lol

edit: this looks really good (sorry to rob your pic addz)

Picture1219.jpg

ITB BG 182
Anychance you or some one could find out from Mark Dow what parking space/area is being given to this club and roughness on size or shape so it would be easier to plan now rather than on the actual day

Barge
It depends how many people buy tickets and select ClioSport as their car club, they then allocate a space closer to the time based on the sales. More sales, bigger pitch... So right now no one can be sure of the space (I'd imagine), but previous years have seen a good turnout.

Clio 182ff
At the recent Donnington meet, it took about an hour to arrange 15-20 cars in a standard horseshoe shape. It seems simple on paper, but in real life its harder and much slower then you think.

If it's like 100-150 cars on the day at FCS, then thats going to be a nightmare, clusterfu*k Brian. You would have to go there the day before and mark out all the major parking spaces, find space for the arrving cars to sit and wait to be placed and have the whole thing run like clockwork with a morning briefing to the volunteers!

Massive, massive job mate - it takes a whole day for my office to organise and move a few workspaces around let alone a whole car supermarket! lol.