ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Help Required at FCS **

It's A Reno
I like the idea of the timeline.

If you want to do a colour co-ordinated thingy, wht not try the french flag.
Easier colours to get your hands on.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Would be very nice to see a decent layout but as stated above the information about how many of a colour and model aren't available.. I think?

How would you go about directing cars if they are all turning up at random times? You could have a space for 3 black cars on a row/area and then 5 turn up - what then? What if some don't show - you're left with odd spaces? :/

Decided I'd join in and made this. I don't know how many arrows there are but meh - I tried! lol

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 18
  Audi A4 TDi Sport
if your going to do the time line why not have it right at the front of the stand and all the cars blue so it could go williams, blue ph1 172, blue ph1 V6, blue ph2 172, blue ph2 V6, blue 182, blue 197, blue 200.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
if your going to do the time line why not have it right at the front of the stand and all the cars blue so it could go williams, blue ph1 172, blue ph1 V6, blue ph2 172, blue ph2 V6, blue 182, blue 197, blue 200.

What about the Trophy?

Black Clio GT
i think jasons and matts idea is best but not in colour or model order.
then have the timeline infront of the cs tent/stand to attract attract people/women lol

150-200 cars is always gonna look like a car park no matter how you set them out as we have limited space......

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I don't think it's realistic trying to get all the cars in the timeline all the same colour (as nice as it would've been)
Thanks for everyones suggestions on layout etc, but we've not got the man* power to park all the cars yet.

*or women, 2% of members are female afterall..

None
matt H has a good idea, puts the focus on the tent in the centre and leaves access for those doing track time, plus you can leave the centre bottom section free for more exclusive models, V6, trophy etc, the more cars turn up the more you can just extend downwards assuming you start from the back of the alloted pitch and work forward.

the picture is above^

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I also think tent should be in the middle of the stand with a timeline encircling it.

Timeline would be 16v; Williams; Ph1 172; Ph2 172 or 172 Cup; 182 or 182 Cup; 182 Trophy; 197; 200. If you had every variation of 172, 182 and 197 it would get silly.

CSFCSPLAN.gif

ITB BG 182
Brian how many people have you got to lend a hand and how many do you need?
Also people lending their free time to help you do they get a free CS sticker?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
FYI, the tent will need to be secured to something, it cannot be free standing.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
attachment.php

Seriously ambitious I know, but its using every colour mk2 RS, then cars could go around the outside, to make the letters/numbers we could use different models of the same (ish) colours to keep it interesting to look at, i.e a ph1, a ph2, a vee, a 197... the other CS cars could then form a nice boarder, whether it be square or circular around the outside...

Black and blue for bigger letters as they are the two most popular colours (imo)

I have some ideas how you could get the marking out etc done and it would be possible, but it'd be quite involved and you'd have to decide whos cars would be going where in the "main piece" before hand, I'd be more than willing to offer a hand as long as I'm not on holiday on that date, which I'll know within the next few weeks.

I do have some more simple, do-able, ideas, but this one was fun!

Oh and the timeline are the green cars, tbh I'd want....

Mk1's - (As many diff variations as we could get/have(I'm not very clued up :eek:)
Mk2 ph1 - Non sport
Mk2 ph1 - 172
Mk2 ph2 - Non sport
Mk2ph2 - 172
Mk2ph2 - 172
Mk2ph2 - 182
Mk2ph2 - 182 Trophy
Mk3 - Non sport
Mk3 - 197
Mk3 - 197 Cup
Mk3 - R27 (or what ever they are called)
Mk3? - 200

P.s CS tent could go in the middle of the CS bit!

Attachments

• rough idea.jpg
    rough idea.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Brian how many people have you got to lend a hand and how many do you need?
Also people lending their free time to help you do they get a free CS sticker?

I'm aiming for around 4 for 5, we have 2 confirmed helpers.
To say thanks for donating your free time, i'll shake your hand ;)
Actually, that's more than I get so I might renegotiate..

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously, good luck to whoever takes this on. I saw Boosh trying to sort out 15 cars at Donington. What a kerfuffle.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Seriously, good luck to whoever takes this on. I saw Boosh trying to sort out 15 cars at Donington. What a kerfuffle.

Yup, trouble is the naive people know best. This is why we will try to keep the layout as simple as possible, whilst still making it better than a Tescos car park. Putting all the cars in colour batches will not be happening.

I have 25 to do at castle combe 2 weeks time :S

That's final then, Will. has kindly offered to park the 200 odd cars at FCS :approve:

Barge
It's always a faff on trying to sort out 'fancy' patterns, I guess that's why a lot opt for lining up, as you'd hope most people are capable of doing that.

Unless you go the day before and mark out the (I'll use Robbos as an example) circle, the letters, the 2010 and timeline the day before and give people allocates turning up times (which won't work) or have a holding area (which most people won't want to sit and wait in - considering they've queued for ages to get in) then on the day (we all know how hectic it gets once you're through those gates and finding your area) you're going to have a monumental fail or so much unnecessary stress it's just not worth it - and not just for Bri and his helpers but members too. Setting this up could take up a whole day! And it's not what people go for.

In addition, you're going to have to have someone in the air checking it's all lined up properly and looks how it's supposed to and probably a huge ground space to be able to achieve it due to the curve of letters and the size of cars.

Last edited:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Needster (i'll not quote your essay) trust-me, it'll be an 'easy' layout as I know how bad these cliosport people are at parking.
I'm going to get some light-stick things they use for seeing in jumbo jets, clio/jumbo-jet: basicly the same.

SQ5
Bit late for this possibly but didn't give a drawing earlier on! Colours are just for example.

Attachments

• FCS.jpg
    FCS.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 6

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I very much doubt we will be doing colour groupings, sorry to dissapoint.

ITB BG 182
Brian whats the plan then, car park arrangment with a slight difference or get one row up front of all the different versions of sports from the renault turbo to the r5, williams and so on upto one of the new 200's?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
^ That's pretty much what we're going to do, It's hard to make deffinate plans until we see the area we got to work with. I will know exactly what we are going on the afternoon of 12th June.
I'm hoping we can have more than one area with cars parking simultaniously (if that makes sense) to ensure we don't have long tail-backs and lots of discruntled members.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
One entrance is fine, but then the cars would fork-off to different areas to allow them more time to park, as that effectively cuts down the time people have to wait. All in an ideal worl, you understand.

Nimbus 197
Brian what do you recon to the the 197s coming in the clio sport stand? will their be many because of the clio197.net section???

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
There may well be a few less 197's on our stand, but in previous years when Trophy owners had a choice of 2 clubs to park with, we still had some Trophy's on our stand.
It's down to personal choice at the end of the day.