ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help required please guys - 182 rear discs & pads (inc. pics)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just fitting new rear pads and discs and for the life of me I cannot get the bolts to line up when the spacer between the disc and hub is in place.

I believe that these spacers are vital for extending the life of bearings themselves. But if I left them off, the bolts would line up perfectly.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I've cleaned up the hub, wound the thread back, tightened up the nut to 175nm but I must be missing something obvious? Oh and the spacer is fitted with the tapered edge towards the car - the flat side against the disc.

Any suggestions as I'm sat on the drive now with feck all to do! :p

Cheers,
D.

With spacer fitted....

photo2_zps700d35c5.jpg

With spacer removed.....

photo1_zpsd3ad961b.jpg

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I believe that the spacer should go behind the hub and not in front, all your doing if i understand right is pulling the disk out and not the whole thing.

330i. E30 Touring.
The caliper body should slide.

If it's stiff, bolt it all up loosely without the pads in. Then fit pads after.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I believe that the spacer should go behind the hub and not in front, all your doing if i understand right is pulling the disk out and not the whole thing.

I thought there was a space between the hub and the disc and then a washer between the disc and the nut?

Cheers,
​D.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Have you got a link to what this spacer looks like?.

The space between the hub shaft and disc should have a collar/washer type to keep the bearing still so the disc rotates around that iirc.

172, Tiguan
I just use a large screwdriver or something to line up the bolt holes. Usually works fine.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you've got sorted Darren. Did you have a spacer missing on one side mate?

It wasn't missing m8 - but it was the wrong way around - tapered-side out towards the disc. I binned the old one and swapped it for the new one you sent me - fitting it the right way around this time. I'm glad I ordered one now. :)

The nearside rear was fine and pointing the correct way, thankfully.

Thanks again,
​D.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
It wasn't missing m8 - but it was the wrong way around - tapered-side out towards the disc. I binned the old one and swapped it for the new one you sent me - fitting it the right way around this time. I'm glad I ordered one now. :)

The nearside rear was fine and pointing the correct way, thankfully.

Thanks again,
​D.

No problem at all mate, happy to help