ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Spraying Liquid Yellow

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hello chaps,

The time finally came where I decided to colour code my interior strips.

I did it on my previous Clio and sprayed various bit on my gf's 197 so I'm getting fairly alright at it now. I've never had any issues with colour match until now. I used the same paint supplier as usual and I have the correct LY paint code.

Now to me it looks more goldish than Liquid Yellow? It dried more yellow but it still isn't 100%? Now I have a touch up kit from SprayShack it comes with two yellows? Rather than the one top colour should I of sprayed a base colour yellow also??

Pics:

970995_10151810971465992_1755588887_n.jpg

64417_10151810971445992_1303734249_n.jpg

944566_10151810971340992_1049124997_n.jpg

969376_10151810971315992_782608348_n.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mark

Isn't LY a 2 stage colour?

When I ordered paint to do some bits it came in a single stage and looked like yours - more golden than yellow.

RB Clio 182
Looks alot lighter on the bottom pic compared to the insides of the door, when i have bought paint to match, i always find halfords the best match, not the buy off the shelf ones, the ones where they mix the colouir code up for you, i have done quite alot of diy painting too.

I have also sprayed my interior strips and gear knob today, done mine gloss black tho.

​Looks a good finish tho, id probably leave it as you wont notice unless you compare it with the door open like in the bottom pic.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Isn't LY a 2 stage colour?

When I ordered paint to do some bits it came in a single stage and looked like yours - more golden than yellow.

Is this what I was thinking, but not sure if it would make much difference as id be painting over the first stage anyway?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Looks alot lighter on the bottom pic compared to the insides of the door, when i have bought paint to match, i always find halfords the best match, not the buy off the shelf ones, the ones where they mix the colouir code up for you, i have done quite alot of diy painting too.

I have also sprayed my interior strips and gear knob today, done mine gloss black tho.

​Looks a good finish tho, id probably leave it as you wont notice unless you compare it with the door open like in the bottom pic.

The guys I used have always been spot on, they're a proper automotive paint supplier,

my previous Clio;

309193_10150358072605992_3096497_n.jpg

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
yeah LY is a 3 stage. you need to obviously prime it, then spray the solid ground coat on until the primer is covered. then only usually 2-3 coats of pearl when the ground coat is dry. obviously the more pearl, the more effect youll get.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
yeah LY is a 3 stage. you need to obviously prime it, then spray the solid ground coat on until the primer is covered. then only usually 2-3 coats of pearl when the ground coat is dry. obviously the more pearl, the more effect youll get.

Anyone know where I can get both colour codes from for it??