ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Stuck Damper Bolt!!!

Clio 172
Hi

Just fitting my lowering springs, backs went on fine.

Come to do the first front corner, get to the point of taking out the two bolts behind the disc and the one came out fine the other is STUCK! I mean, half a can of WD40, hammered to death, even 12" breaker bar and all my weight can't loosen the bolt in the hole to even move a tiny bit!Scared I'll shear the head off the bolt.

I've mis-alligned the top holes now so can't put the top bolt back in, but I'm thinking tighten the bottom one up and limp it round to a garage so they can wizz it out with an air gun or something? Think driving it CAREFULLY will be ok? (Only about 1mile)

Any other idea's?? HELP! Car is just sat in car park on stands looking sad!

Cheers!

Tom

CB600FS
Whereabouts in Warwickshire are you?

Are you sure your not tightening it instead of undoing it? Sorry.

Clio 172
Leamington Spa

I've got the nut off, but its the bolt stuck through the clearance holes. There is no thread, i'm just try to spin it up in the hole - I presume it's rusted in there!

CB600FS
Right are you on about the 2 bolts holding the strut in the hub?

As in these...
Strut2.jpg

If you've removed one the hub sort of puts all its weight on the other bolt if you like. Push the strut away from you and wiggle/pull the bolt at the same time, should come out. If its seized in, lube it, then tap it gently with a hammer, carefully not to damage the threads.

Another way is put the socket on the bolt (with the nut off) and keep spinning it for a bit, either way it don't matter, to try and loosen it off a bit.

Clio 172
Just been out, raining now so I've managed to allign the holes and get the bolt back in so it's atleast driveable. I see what you're all saying so up nice and early tomorrow to finish the job! Thanks guys for your help, was getting worried!!

Clio 172
If I haven't done it within the first hour or so I'll give you a phone. I'll have that decat off you as well if you've still got it in stock?