ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Which Driveshaft is FUBAR'd?

Ph2 172
Hi,

I've got a really nasty knocking/grinding whilst going rould left hand bends. Right hand bends are fine.

It has recently got worse as there is now a whining sound when doing around 70mph on the motorway. Also, the ABS light comes on now and again - I'm assuming this is to do with the ABS ring on the driveshaft?

Without looking at it underneath, is there anyway to tell which of the 2 driveshafts is knackered?

Thanks! :)

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Left, I'm sure as it happens in that direction. Sounds like CV joint so you will need a driveshaft.

I had the same but no airbag light.

ValverInBits
This could easily be an O/S wheel bearing (at the front or back - probably front)

Secondly. Get under the car and look man! If a shaft has gone then it will have thrown CV grease everywhere (inboard or out board)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Secondly. Get under the car and look man! If a shaft has gone then it will have thrown CV grease everywhere (inboard or out board)
Yep - grease everywhere... this just happened on my Trophy and all the grease has exited the driveshaft assembly and plastered itself all over the alloy, wheel arch and just about everywhere else it can get to! :(

Ph2 172
It's already had 2 rear wheel bearings and an OSF done. The only one not done was the NSF.

I'v looked under the car and there's certainly no grease anywhere!