ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Which tyres for Cup

Nissan R35 GT-R

Hi guys and girls,

I have a slow punchure in one of my ContiSports, but the tread is starting to wear a little anyway so dont mind replacing them all.

I think that Goodyear Eagle F1s might be a good choice based on a few independant tyre tests, but have any of you got any good experiences with another tyre?

I still have the standard sized Speedlines.

Thanks for any help and advice.

goodyear f1s are an excellent tyre,

personally though i think the bridgestone potenza s-03 are a better choice

The Michelins that are on my MK1 are really nice in the wet. Had plenty of chance to test them over the last 24 hours :(

Ben, what do you mean the f1s are expensive? I get them for about 55-60 quid a corner in 195/45R16w

And they are a shed load better than the contis, esp. in the wet.

When I replace my tyres (contis holding up well) ill either go for toyos or f1s - not sure which yet, might depend on the price i can get them

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Best tyres Ive ever had were Bridgestone S-02s, but they dont make them anymore and were expensive anyway, so Ive got Toyos now...

They grip well, but not as good as the S-02s in the wet (still good), but seem to be holding up a lot better than the S-02s did and are much cheaper, so Id buy these again.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 01 July 2003

Ben, what do you mean the f1s are expensive? I get them for about 55-60 quid a corner in 195/45R16w

Are you sure about this? The cheapest I can find them is £78 a corner (without fitting).

cause id rather buy a set of A539s or RE-720s at 50% of that!

they really aint that good, well..........not 100% better to warrent the price premium.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I quite like the contis grippy enough and predictable when you push em

Megane R26

Roamer,

Where can you get them for that price? Is that fitted? I paid £83 each, fitted and balanced.

I agree, they are MUCH better than the Contis!

Almost totally eliminated wheelspin and have far more grip (and in wet conditions).

My first choice would have been Toyos but I couldnt find them in stock anywhere.

Anthony.

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 01 July 2003

i have toyos on my 1.2 atm and have to say that i regret buying them, in the dry they are adequate, in the wet however, they do not grip at all

when the time comes to replce them (which wont be long as they are wearing quicker than the contis - 8k miles) i will be going for either bf goodrich profiler g or bridgestone potenza s-03s

60 quid for F1s.....where did you see that. I paid 205 quid for two fitted, I was mugged I reckon. They are much better than the contis in my opinion though, and they are lasting much longer. The contis only lasted 7.5k, the f1s have already done that and have loads of tred left.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Toyo Proxys and there on special at Elite in Essex I paided £160 for 4 tyres fitted and Balanced. they are 195/50/15 V rating on my valver.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Paid around £40 a corner fitted for F1s @ 195/50/15 for my Mk1 at the wonderful Micheldever Tyres!!

Much better than the standard Michelins ... tho F1s wet handling is so good that Im get far too brave in the rain now. Almost spun-out this morning cornering hard onto M27 slip-road ... slip ... oversteer ... correct it ... wiggle-wiggle ... heart palpitations ...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The 15" tyres for the mk1 are cheaper than the 16s on the mk2 & Cup...

frosty, ive just fitted 4 x F1s GSD2 to my cup and it has helped a lot with the understeer in the wet, ive raced with them on @ Knockhill and found them to be great at cornering @ speed so id def recomend them if you can afford them. 83 a corner fitted and balanced by the local butchers (kwik fit)

ps not wait in the waitng room stay with your car, the car next to mine had its door dented with the handle of the jack and they couldnt care less..