ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with excel 2007

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Is it possible to make the changing colour of a cell mean something? For example if I'm doing an audit, red for bad green for good and there's 10 boxes, can I set a formula up to work out from the colours the percentage?

So if I have 5 boxes out of 10 green that would be 50% but can I make it do that automatically like you can with numbers?

Cheers

1.8 Civic EX
Conditional formatting mate.

that'll just change the colour, won't be able to then use the colour to work out any formulas.

you could probably do some sort of count formula at the bottom of the column though. Count the goods, then another to count the bads, then in another cell put the formula to work out the %.

something like =countif(A1:A10,">10") to show all those higher than 10 then again =countif(A1:A10,"<10") to count those lower than 10.

but again that will be using the numbers, not the colour of the cell. As far as I know it's not possible to use the colours in any sort of formula.

2001 Clio 172
Ah i didnt understand the explanation. Like said before, i don't think you can use colours to work out something, but surely can just use a normal formula to count?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I got round it by putting a 1 in any green box and changing the colour to match the green so you can't see the 1 :p, and then =sum etc.

Thanks for your help anyway guys.