ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with my factory stereo

Half stripped mk2 172
Hi ppl, yesterday i fitted an induction kit, and disconnected the baery on my 172, and then when i tried to switch on the stereo but asked for a code. Someone told m i should find it in one of the manuals. Well I didnt, so please if anyone knows the default code ore somthing, that would be helpfulm if not th whole unit is coming out and fit some 45mm omori gauges instead!!! Vince

Golf GTI 1.8T
Hi Vince, theres a couple of people on here that can get a code for you, they need the numbers that are on the back of the unit. Post them all up and someone will be able to help you.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine is on the inside of the front cover of my service manual, on a Renault Quality Certificate. check there.

if not email J3NED about it he can get it for you.

Half stripped mk2 172
Cheers guys, I think to get the unit out for the numbers,I might as well take it out and bin it, and fit a 3-gauge din size panel from omori complete with gauges. Heheheh, too much hassle i reckon. But i will try the certificate, if i dont find it, its going to be my way then. Vince

Golf GTI 1.8T
probably quicker to remove it that route around for the code, write the code on top of the unit too.