ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Henrys 1.2 non sport

Hey all, got an 02 plate clio earlier this year and am looking to improve it, at the moment just aesthetically nothing to do with the engine.

At the moment i have:
Changed the dash lights to blue
Bought turinis from another member on here
Changed side repeaters to silver.

I have bought and am waiting for delivery:
RS grille
40mm lowering springs

I plan to:
Colour code the side trim and bumpers (should i do this myself or let a pro do it?)
Do the bullets, no idea what colour, any suggestions ? i was thinking anthracite with yellow writing like the alloys
Get white headlight bulbs

I would like some more suggestions if any of you have any?
IMG_0400.JPGIMG_0408.JPGIMG_0409.JPGIMG_0410.JPG
Cheers
Henry

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
172 rear bumper, cup spoiler. and generally some subtle mods, i.e dash trim colour coded. search ' Non-Sports In Here.. ' and have a look through that thread for some inspiration :)

ryan

Cheers mate , cant really find body parts in my paint , guess ill have to buy other colours and get resprayed ?

172 rear bumper, cup spoiler. and generally some subtle mods, i.e dash trim colour coded. search ' Non-Sports In Here.. ' and have a look through that thread for some inspiration :)

ryan

Cheers mate , cant really find body parts in my paint , guess ill have to buy other colours and get resprayed ?

Bux

Golf GTD
Looking good mate!
cant really find body parts in my paint , guess ill have to buy other colours and get resprayed ?

They didn't make 1*2s in that colour so yeah, you would need to get it sprayed to match your car.

Looking good mate!

They didn't make 1*2s in that colour so yeah, you would need to get it sprayed to match your car.
Cheers mate , trying to do subtle mids on a budget !

Oh yeah thought not , by chance , you know what colour it is ? Never seen it before , rare as rocking horse s**t
How difficult is it to spray myself , or you reckon i should pay to get it done right ?
Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
for something different, why not Campus the rear instead? I think they look quite good as a non-sport option

Also got my grille fitted the other day :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326153326.225823.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326153326.225823.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 115
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326153346.576584.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326153346.576584.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 113
Fitted new back seats today , will do fronts on sunday !

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326218713.475815.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326218713.475815.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 134
  TT QS
some one new that isnt going down the rubbish tints and paint everything green or orange look!

car looks great ill be keeping an eye on this

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
looking good mate nice progress so far love the dash lights planning on doing something similiar myself was it a pain soldering the new leds in? seen a guide on here to get a idea of how to do it lol,

totaly agree with alex the hole paint your strips/everything epcept the body panels thing the brightest colour halfords sell and say its because you want your car to look different thing is getting worse hah nice subtle mods are the best got to thou i do love the euro look but its hard to pull it off right.

good luck with the build ill be watching this one unlike that black and green thing haha

some one new that isnt going down the rubbish tints and paint everything green or orange look!

car looks great ill be keeping an eye on this

Cheers mate !
Just waiting for my springs to be delivered !
And yeah im just gonna colour code the side strips with maybe anthracite bullets ?
What you think ?

looking good mate nice progress so far love the dash lights planning on doing something similiar myself was it a pain soldering the new leds in? seen a guide on here to get a idea of how to do it lol,

totaly agree with alex the hole paint your strips/everything epcept the body panels thing the brightest colour halfords sell and say its because you want your car to look different thing is getting worse hah nice subtle mods are the best got to thou i do love the euro look but its hard to pull it off right.

good luck with the build ill be watching this one unlike that black and green thing haha

Yeah it was difficult , the trick is to buy double the amount of leds as you will melt some, especially if you use a 7 quid wilkinsons soldering iron like me haha ! But yeah if you are patient you can do it in an hour or 2 !

Yeah what do you think about colour coded side strips then antracite bullets just like the wheels ?
Cheers
Henry

Will get some more pics up later !

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers mate , trying to do subtle mids on a budget !

Oh yeah thought not , by chance , you know what colour it is ? Never seen it before , rare as rocking horse s**t
How difficult is it to spray myself , or you reckon i should pay to get it done right ?
Cheers

Nautical blue mate :) car is looking excellent so far

Hutchie has one and it's awesome. Used to be a 1.2 as well, have a search?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Dash lights look really smart. Same colour as my old one! it's actually Cyclone blue, I kinda miss mine! It was immaculate on the outside, but fucked underneath though...

6678975009_08b53a1fc7.jpg

018 by nadrrek, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dash lights look really smart. Same colour as my old one! it's actually Cyclone blue, I kinda miss mine! It was immaculate on the outside, but fucked underneath though...

6678975009_08b53a1fc7.jpg

018 by nadrrek, on Flickr

Cheers , yeah love the lights , and i quite like the colour , found out it is tef 47 aka cyclone blue , you know a good place which does good colour matches ? Gonna spray my side strips !
Cheers

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Cheers , yeah love the lights , and i quite like the colour , found out it is tef 47 aka cyclone blue , you know a good place which does good colour matches ? Gonna spray my side strips !
Cheers

Give Spray Shack on here a pm, have heard they're particularly good for that! I never got round to doing anything to my old 1.2 before i traded it in for the turbo but I'll be keep an eye on this to see what you do!

TT QS
Cheers mate !
Just waiting for my springs to be delivered !
And yeah im just gonna colour code the side strips with maybe anthracite bullets ?
What you think ?

Yeah thatll look nice. Do the writing ins colour or something and it'll look well smart

looking good mate!

you should get your wheels sprayed white. blue cars on white wheels look so nice!

Not sure about white to be honest , ill stick with anthracite for a while till i sort other things e.g bumpers spoiler and sidestrips

Give Spray Shack on here a pm, have heard they're particularly good for that! I never got round to doing anything to my old 1.2 before i traded it in for the turbo but I'll be keep an eye on this to see what you do!

yeah i would love a 1*2 but just wont be able to afford the insurance because of my age !
just wondering how far to go in terms of making i a rep ?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
yeah i would love a 1*2 but just wont be able to afford the insurance because of my age !
just wondering how far to go in terms of making i a rep ?

I wouldn't tbh! There are so many people who come on here with a 1.2 and end up making a rep and seeing all the threads is a bit tedious... Someone needs to come along and do something different, that's why your car has stood out slightly as a project, because you're not going down the "making a rep with funny coloured diamonds/bullets" route. Keep it how it is, but lower it, do some cc'ing here and there and then it will be a pretty tidy, smart little motor.

Yeah i might just colour code my current bumpers and get a cup spoiler , and do side strips , waiting for my 40mm springs to be delivered too :) then i reckon ill leave it as that !

I wouldn't tbh! There are so many people who come on here with a 1.2 and end up making a rep and seeing all the threads is a bit tedious... Someone needs to come along and do something different, that's why your car has stood out slightly as a project, because you're not going down the "making a rep with funny coloured diamonds/bullets" route. Keep it how it is, but lower it, do some cc'ing here and there and then it will be a pretty tidy, smart little motor.

Also what you mean by cc'ing ?

Got these through the post today , probably gonna get someone else to fit them as its a bit much for me !

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326740066.033747.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326740066.033747.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 76
Now then.... In the process of painting my bullets :)
Really hack off as i scratched my paint getting one off , hopefully tcut it out !
Wondering if i should do the trim the same ?
Feedback appreciated :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326751471.906772.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326751471.906772.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 94
Washed the car today , looks good , shitty iphone pics though , curbed one of my wheels though ! Any idea where i can get an anthracite touch up pen ?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327331700.132405.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327331700.132405.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 149
  Clio 1.4 dynamic
These coloured clios look megga when colour coded and lowered my friend had one and I adored it I'll keep a eye on this thread and other white wheels or gun metal grey and a cup spoiler n ur on to a winner :hail:

These coloured clios look megga when colour coded and lowered my friend had one and I adored it I'll keep a eye on this thread and other white wheels or gun metal grey and a cup spoiler n ur on to a winner :hail:

Yeah im gonna colour code ! But just deciding if im gonna do it myself or not
And i have my lowering springs but dont feel confident to do it myself
Cup spoilers a bit expensive too :-/

Clio 1.4 dynamic
Yeah im gonna colour code ! But just deciding if im gonna do it myself or not
And i have my lowering springs but dont feel confident to do it myself
Cup spoilers a bit expensive too :-/
fair play mate but it's quite easy to cc yourself and you just need some One with a small bit of mechanical knowledge to put the springs on :)

fair play mate but it's quite easy to cc yourself and you just need some One with a small bit of mechanical knowledge to put the springs on :)

Yeah i reckon i can cc it , just need a place with the paint, and i do have a fair bit of knowledge , just dont wanna f**k up haha !

Need to wire my airbags to my seats as i have ph1 seats in a ph 2 and the airbags on