ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here's a stupid problem.

MK2 Clio
I bought valvecaps of ebay when i first got the car, nice black ones, now the paint has came off 'em and there copper and rusted onto the valve threads,
I CANT GET 'EM OFF! its stressing me out, has anyone any clever ideas, i've tried WD40, penetrating fluid and such.

trying to avoid going to a tyre place for new valves, save me clio sport!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Try a pair of pliers/mole grips on the cap and another pair on the valve stem bit but dont pull it out.

If not then its probably best to go to a garage, and dont use cheap metal ones again haha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Maybe a mechanic will come up with some good advice but if i were you i'd just get a garage to replace them for me.

MK3 1.2
Father in Law had the same problem, bought some VW steel caps and then had a puncture and couldn't get them off. Try heating them up because that's all the garage will do

Many.
Father in Law had the same problem, bought some VW steel caps and then had a puncture and couldn't get them off. Try heating them up because that's all the garage will do

Easier to replace valves, pop tyre off rim, cut old valve out, replace with new and re-seat the tyre. I don't want to be heating valves up, that are on a rubber stem, next to a rubber tyre, on a nicely painted alloy wheel.

golf gti turbo
but thay need to deflate the tyre first I had some that seazed and I used moule grips and turned the cap and it came loose