ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey everyone proud new owner of clio 172

CLIO 172 , ASTRA
First post just to say hello and share a little about me glad to join this community :D looking forward to becoming a full clio sport club member

My name is Neil I recently bought a 02 plate clio 172 (not cup) really enjoying it so far I've put samco race hose's & induction kit on the car looking to buy de cat

straight through pipe off those fine guys at K-TEC what else would you guys recommend ? hoping to eventually achieve close to 200 BHP

Look forward to talking to you all on the forum :)

Mec 350 slk manual
Hi Neil to get close to the 200bhp you will need to spend a bit on cams and a rs2 or itbs

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
more money than what its worth would you say ? Thanks for reply's guys

Yep. Instead spend the money on trackdays, a spare set of rims and some sticky tyres. You'll have a blast. To spend anything trying to improve them is a little pointless when they're so capable straight out of the box...especially considering what they're worth now.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the Club. Get some pictures up!

To spend anything trying to improve them is a little pointless when they're so capable straight out of the box...especially considering what they're worth now.

Handling wise I'd say it's worth every penny to improve them (for track work, not road). But I agree about engines.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Concentrate on the handling and brakes unless you've got a few quid to get 200bhp. Welcome btw

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Just improve the brakes and get some K Tec engine mountings and a Powerflex dogbone bush to stop the engine moving around when it's being driven hard. DS2500 pads all round and Brembo high carbon front discs with DOT5.1 fluid and braided lines and get some track days booked. Track day tyres well worth buying as well. I'm using Toyo R1-R's on mine all year round

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Had mine remapped at RS tuning. 167.1 bhp and 134 ft lbs torque. Standard 172. That's all it needs to really have lots of fun

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Maybe replace the rear dampers with better ones. I'm using Koni sports now. The Renault ones aren't strong enough to stand up to track use.