ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, 172 cup coil overs

Clio 172 Cup
Hi, guys I'm looking to get my 172 cup to a stage where I can put it on the track, it's a bit of a shame as its only done 48k but I got a company car now. And I suppose that's what they are for. Does anyone have any ideas of what coil overs I should get or has anyone got any laying about that they want to get rid of.

Cheers Luke

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers mate I have used this site some time ago but been as thing I haven't been on for a long time thought I had better post in the newbie bit haha. I hope that was alright

Suzuki Jimny
Welcome :)

There isn't a rule that states you need coilovers before using it on the track!

WRX
If it's for track then you will regret any cheap coilover. Better just getting Eibach springs and maybe Koni dampers. Otherwise just stick with standard setup, it's plenty good enough.

1.2 clio
I had gaz coilovers highly recommend them!! They are awesome fully adjustable dampening well worth the money IMO.

Clio 172 Cup
I cant get into the link peanuthead!!!!

I dont want to go mad on cost but i suppose you get what you pay for.

Cheers for all the reply's

I just want to 25th, whats been stated above, just refresh all your bushes, rear dampeners, some lowering springs and dont forget your disc's and pads!. Unless you have over 1k to spend on coilies, the stock setup will be fine. I have KW V2's on my clio, and i also have a stock cup with the components refreshed, unless your really pushing it you wont notice an absolutely huge difference.