ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi All! I have just bought a 197

ok, as this is pretty much the only forum i HAVENT yet put pics up on lol. thought i had better intoduce myself and my car.

I bought an FF 197 in albi blue on Saturday. Its standard apart from cup pack and now an ITG filter (more to follow)

I am very very happy. I was worrying i would regret selling my project car, but i am so glad i did. This will have been cheaper than building mine and putting bodies on it, and is still actually worth the amount i have spent on it lol

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

cheers :D

second little present for the car arrived today lol.

Courtesy of www.streamlinecarbon.com a set of carbon fibre number plates. I know, a bit bling, but i wanted to get rid of the standard ones with dealer name etc, and these were only 50 quid. I had seen a set on Bics 106 and knew i had to have some.

They are fantastic.

Got them pretty much next day, and they look great. Too dark to fit them but will get them on this weekend. No screw holes either, so will fit a bit smoother.

I am well impressed. Understated yet fancy :D :D perfect for a 197!

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

project was a 106 with 16v engine. had bought cage, kevlar seats, rally spec coilovers and beam, big brakes, etc etc etc. Would have been great but not as fast or comfortable as this.

No coillies just yet. The cup suspension is sooooooooooooo good i cant see how an aftermarket setup could be better at present :D

going to spend my money learning to drive it. IAM test then track coaching :D

lol, no idea about football i am afraid haha.

no coilies as said. not yet anyway dont see the point when it handles soooooooooo well.

spacers maybe but dont want to screw the handling. this car is going to be driven lol

yeah, cup pack gives anthracite wheels, red calipers and most importantly cup chassis with stiffened and lowered suspension.

best of both IMO. luxuries of the FF with the cup handling

Hi Rich, yeah was on most of the 106 saxo forums, just as i am now on most of the renault forums lol.

cant make that meet but good to know there are plenty of RS owners in the vicinity :D

Suzuki Swift Sport
lol, no idea about football i am afraid haha.

no coilies as said. not yet anyway dont see the point when it handles soooooooooo well.

spacers maybe but dont want to screw the handling. this car is going to be driven lol

Ill second that - the handling is spot on with cup suspension - I wouldnt touch it! It even felt spot on round the nurburgring!

Great car, spacers would look gooooood!

What was the 3-1 about earlier :mad:

What was the wolves winner about on saturday?! :dapprove::mad:

mbarnes - Superb car, in a superb setting (Ricoh :cool: )

As RichCup says get yourself to the meet in Hinckley tonight!