ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Australia

Hi all,

Im from Australia and stumbled across your fantasic site while seeking more info on a Clio 172 sport. I have always wanted one of these little devils, but ended up settling for a Corsa SRi! But seeing as i have destroyed that car 2 weeks ago - im in the market again!
Me and my boyfriend also have a Lancer evo 8 thats had a fair bit of work done to it and we track and tarmac rally the car regularly.
Im looking at doing a fair bit of trackwork and motorkhana type stuff with it as well as be able to drive it to work and park it in the shopping centre without panicking like i do with the evo.
Is there any main reason i should be seeking one with the cup pack against a standard 172 sport? Of course being in australia my access to aftermarket parts is kinda limited!
Any help is appreciated!

Cheers

Charmae

Clio 172 mk2
Welcome to CS

Nice car the evo...bet it's cheaper to run over there with your petrol costs than they are here in the UK!

Most people will advise the 'full fat' version of the 182 with the cup packs added which seem to make quite a difference to the handling on track.

For the price you pay for them over there, I wouldn't get one, hardly worth the money in this country, but the price you pay for them second hand there is absolutely shocking!!!

Welcome by the way.

Ha ha cheers guys! Ill keep my eye out for a cup, but they are suprisingly hard to come by here - not to mention pricey over here!
Unfortunatley the evo has had quite a substantial amount of work done so its a bit of a fuel guzzler!