ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from newwbie 182 owner

Clio RS 182 - 2005
HI all,
I live in Wallington in Surrey. I've never been much of a car owner but recently decided on getting a 2nd hand car to complement my Scenic ( I have two kids and a wife who drives the scenic). A mate of mine had a few cars for sale on his drive and I test drove a couple.Boy, when I drove the Clio RS 182 (05 reg) I was impressed. Never driven a car like it - great acceleration, like s**t off a shovel, fantastic.
Its a silver model in great condition both exterior and interior. Build quality seems very light and plastic but doesn't put me off.

It has the 8 spoke alloy wheel which are completely scratch free.
Two of the tyres are Goodyear Eagle F1 - 205/45ZR16 83 GSD2 and GSD3 (F/N/S and R/N/S) - one has a very small tear in the side wall near the tread (should that be replaced - passed its MOT OK tho)<br>Theres a Roadstone N3000 on the front n/s and a Fullrun HP199 too (F/O/S) All tyres have good tread.

Whats the best tyre combinations - eager to hear if this makes a difference to performance. They are all 205/45 size (though Renault states they usually come in a 195/50 as standard)

Looking at the MOT history - it has failed its MOT on two previous occasion because of CV joint gaiters being insecurely mounted to housing (but both times this has been repaired) Is this a common problem with the 182 and is it costly to put right?)

I have a full years MOT now to run.

I'll keep an eye on here - eager to learn how to improve it if I can..

All the best,

Woolly