ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi-spec NON iPhone phone?

Right, firstly... no i-phone. I can underastand that its the greatest phone ever, but I just dont like it!

Looking for something high end, probably touch screen as a big screen would be benificial for emails and www.

I love the look of the storm 2.... but after reading the failings of the first I am a bit too suspect!!

The new Samsung H1 on Voda was nice when I had a play over the weekend, but the whole 360 thing revolves around all your mates being on that 360 network. I have no mates, so this is fail.

The HTC HD2 looks nice in pics.. but I belive it makes the iphone look small?!

HTC Hero is another probably option.

I am getting a new contract so network is not really an issue.

Any suggestions or recommendations for a high end phone? Wi-fi would be nice as well as a big clear screen.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Re: Hi-spec NON I-PHONE phone?

I'm quite interested in this as well, as I'm gonna be looking for a new one over the coming months.

I've been looking at the Hero, and tried it out a couple of weekends ago, and it does seem pretty decent.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i quite like the look of the Hero's too... but they are farking huge.

Motorola-Milestone-Droid_02.jpg

motorola milestone ( or droid as its called in the us)
it runs android 2.0 (the hero is currently on 1.5 waiting for the 2.0 update)
slide out full keyboard - could make browsing easier
has wifi and android has a very good browser imho

i arnt sure if its out yet

Mountune Tractor
I'm in exactly the same boat as you and I am torn between the Hero and the blackberry 9700. Think it's going to be the BB.

Got my HD2 about a week ago. Really nice but the keyboard is almost unusable as the screen is a bit too sensitive but you can download different ones so its made usable. Screen is awesome and beats the iPhones screen hands down. Its not actually that big but certainly noticeable in your pocket.

Web browsing on it is great and seems faster than my iPhone 3G, battery life is around 50% by the end of the day so pretty normal. Camera is pretty good and has some nice features like touch focus. Unfortunately it is all completely let down by the standard keyboard but as I say you can change it.

Avoid the Satio like the plague and pretty much any Sony Ericsson. The amount of repairs/returns we deal with at work with them is just stupid. The Hero is nice if not a little boring after a couple of weeks. The new BB 9700 is awesome and is one of the best overall user experiences, its just let down by its aweful web broswer but you can download one called Bolt which is alot better.

Overall I'd go with the HD2 just remembering that it can be a little bit frustrating sometimes or the BB 9700. If you go for the HD2 then its worth checking out XDA Developers forum under the Leo section (the phones HTC codename)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I was in a similarish position to you. I think the iPhone is Big and cumbersome, Hate apple stuff too. So i went for the LG...Looks better and is nearer, if a touch big...May be s**t, but i wasn't after a "Mission control" phone with 900000 aps!

I was in a similarish position to you. I think the iPhone is Big and cumbersome, Hate apple stuff too. So i went for the LG...Looks better and is nearer, if a touch big...May be s**t, but i wasn't after a "Mission control" phone with 900000 aps!

Out. Now.

:dapprove:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The new BB bold could be good I have the 1st gen and it's an awesome piece of kit.

Anyone tried the Storm 2 - i love the look of it.. but its had so many mixed reviews!

I really like the look of the storm 2. Seems a massive improvement on the first one. I Would go for that if I was wanting a new phone at the minute

If you can wait you could get the HTC Passion (or Dragon, they dont know what to call it yet!) its basically a HTC HD2 but with android instead of windows mobile, think thats what I'm holding out for!!

Clio 182
If you can wait you could get the HTC Passion (or Dragon, they dont know what to call it yet!) its basically a HTC HD2 but with android instead of windows mobile, think thats what I'm holding out for!!

i thought the hd 2 had windows 6.5, plus the android sense ui thing, almost like a hybrid...sounds pretty sweet to me :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Got the Hero, and loving it. Even my iPhone owning friends are like "what's that?!?" and begrudgingly admit "yeah that's pretty cool actually" once they play around with it.

Plus I only pay £23 a month for mine, and the handset cost me £40. Even more win.