ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi

just a quick one to say hi

im here looking for hints and tips on what to do to my little sisters car [as im a mg rover tech for 7+ years i know naff all about clio,s!!!!]

the car is a 01 [new shape] mk 3 i think??

1.2 16 valve expression [3dr]

where too start its a bit boring looking???

rob

Banana

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum.

Just depends what you/your sister are into. Max power bodykit style, stripped out rally sl*g style, euro smooth look etc.

Personally id start with suspension/brakes, then rims and take it from there.

172 M69 eater

welcome....

tell us tastes and budget and well try to help

wheels and lowerin is always the best place to start

patty

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

hello rob, hopefully you will find some good advice here.

01 car will be mk2 phase 2 fella. imo keep it subtle avoid lexus lights stickers spoilers and big bumpers and go for some decent wheels a nice suspension drop some colour coding and other changes.

defo dont want to be rollin 4x4 style, drop it on its ass then fit the rims not the other way round. common mistake loads of people seem to make.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Hi and welcome Rob. Im an MG fan - will be racing MGBs later this year so your in good company. :)

cheers all for the warm welcome

as for the car defo more a smooth stylish car opossed to big rude boy bumpers etc

what is the most common size of rim to go for once lowered with out arch mods??

also suggestions on springs make [ie g max/spax etc] also what sort of drop ]im thinking about 30 mm ish

and cheers all again

rob

hi rob,

well alot of people get 16" and lower 40mm on springs but coilovers are the best but alot of money if u just want it to be low. 17" will fit fine aslong as you get the right offset then maybe u could get a nice exhaust and filter for sound? also a 172 Cup spoiler looks nice not too OTT and colour coding too

:)

RS4

welcome to the forum Rob

17"s will go easy no rubbing with 205-40s, defo 40mm like as above, anything more than 40mm makes the ride will be unformfortable... like mine:cry:

so what off set do i need to get 17,s under there then??

also i assume the cup spoiler is straight forward bolt on job??

cheers rob

Clio 182 (05)

Hi there!

Dont know much about the new style Clios (despite now owning one), so my somewhat useless advice would be to sell it and buy a valver! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by danb on 09 June 2005

Hi there!

Dont know much about the new style Clios (despite now owning one), so my somewhat useless advice would be to sell it and buy a valver! ;)

lol as its my little sisters car i wont be doing that

besides it is a 16 valve lolol j/k]

rob

Quote: Originally posted by big rob on 09 June 2005
so what off set do i need to get 17,s under there then??also i assume the cup spoiler is straight forward bolt on job?? cheers rob

ET37 and yup straight forward job

LY 200

17s and 60mms fine mate!!!

Mates done that to his 1.6 rsi (badboy_mc of here_now back on standard wheels in the for sale section) )without any rubbin and dont think the arches were any different to the 1.2s but someone will clarify that!!!

Looks top draw if you ask me, feels the arches right up...... Then id say enclosed Induction kit, nice exhaust system then some colour coding and she will have a beut on her hands!!!

cheers all now just got to find some wheels

will go for a 30mm drop [i hate stooping so low to get into a car]

oh and any one got a pic of the cup spoiler so i know what im looking for??

cheers rob