ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID kit for a PH1 172

120d M Sport
I nomally despise aftermarket HID kits on cars that don't have xenons but as the PH1 has projector headlights anyway I'm claiming that is acceptable.

Anyway...can anyone reccomend a good supplier for them?

What bulb type does the PH1 require?

And any tips on where to place the ballasts, in a neat tidy and preferably safe fashion, as far out of sight as possible, please!

Many thanks,
Alex.

225 Cup & Williams
I bought a kit for the ph1 off Paul16v on here. Piss easy to fit and i've not had a problem with them yet and they've been on the car not far off 2 year.

SQ5
Yep, very cheap, never paid over £30 for HIDs and they've all lasted, never had one go wrong on me.

120d M Sport
I bought a kit for the ph1 off Paul16v on here. Piss easy to fit and i've not had a problem with them yet and they've been on the car not far off 2 year.

How much were they Stevo? How are they fitted, or will it be easy enough once I see some instructions? Did you take the bumper off?

Yep, very cheap, never paid over £30 for HIDs and they've all lasted, never had one go wrong on me.

Thanks mate, good to know.

225 Cup & Williams
It was £60 posted mate might be cheaper now though. Don't need to take ye bumper off it can be fitted from the engine bay with ease. The kit just plugs in to the existing plugs for the standard lights. You will know what I mean when you see it.

6k is the perfect colour too it's near enough pure white light anything higher has a blue tinge to it.

Clio 172 Phase 1
It was £60 posted mate might be cheaper now though. Don't need to take ye bumper off it can be fitted from the engine bay with ease. The kit just plugs in to the existing plugs for the standard lights. You will know what I mean when you see it.

6k is the perfect colour too it's near enough pure white light anything higher has a blue tinge to it.

Same kit I have, no issues and works spot on.

My ballasts are secured under the headlight itself, cannot be seen at all lol

120d M Sport
Bought the kit as reccomended by Stevo and JonesyFX, been having difficulty getting it working. Could someone tell me where I may have gone wrong...

With the bulb in situe, I've plugged the connector nearest to bulb into the cars standard bulb connector (which I assume provides the power), connected the two bullet type connectors together, and plugged the red plug from the ballast and the remaining black plug together to complete the circuit.

When I turn the lights on though, I'm not getting anything?

Is there a stage I've missed?

If someone could shed some light on the situation (no pun intended ;) ) I'd be very grateful indeed!

120d M Sport
Haha! Does the fitting proceedure I've gone through sound about right? I'm tearing my hair out atm trying to get them to work. Standard halogens are making my dick flaccid.

Has any wiring to the battery got to be made (none came with the kit for that btw) ??

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a kit lying about at the moment, not put them in yet.

OK, I just went out and put one side in - check the polarity is correct on the power wires going into the ballast.

120d M Sport
I've got a kit lying about at the moment, not put them in yet.

OK, I just went out and put one side in - check the polarity is correct on the power wires going into the ballast.

This was spot on - Paul emailed me back to tell me the pink connector from the ballast needed turning round the other way. Cheers for the tip, working now!