ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID kits! (Clio 197)

AK

M240i
Yeah i've not got aircon so not sure how much space you've got in the bay.. plus i've only got a 1.2 engine LOL

Drivers side
Hidb2.jpg

Passenger side
Hidb.jpg

S2000
Sorry if I repeat anything here as I've not had a chance to read through it all as I'm in a rush, lol. Tbh if you projector headlights or not the chances are your headlights will be illegal as there is more to the law than just needing projector headlights. However, truth be told the chances are you won't have any problems with the police anyway.

The light distribution tends to be much better, especially for other road users if you have projector headlight. Even if you do not have projecor headlights though as long as you take a bit of time to set them up properly in terms of adjusting the beam height you should find a happy medium that gives excellent road coverage but does not blind other road users.

And btw - you should have bought them off me!! Those kits come from the same manufacturer I use but appear to be the lower quality ones they sell :(. I've never used them myself, and I would imagine they will be ok but I know from speaking to the manufacturer that they have a higher failure rate than the ones I sell. Out of interest where did you buy them from if you don't mind me asking?

HID bulbs in halogen projectors are still technically illegal but the light control and cutoff is similar to a proper XENON HID light so you don't blind people. The only difference is that in a projector designed for a halogen bulb the reflector is in a slightly different position/shape due to differences in bulb beams but the resulting light cut off/control is largely the same. I know you also need washers and auto-levelling too but I doubt that would ever be a problem as long as they're set right.

White Sti Hatch
Mine passed MOT with 6ks in Projector headlamps so i dont give a toss if there legal or not lol !

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mine with 6000k

DSC01657.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

Fitted them here

17082008169.jpg

I actually changed them from 6000 to 5000k as the light output (imo) is much better with the 5's

Mine passed MOT with 6ks in Projector headlamps so i dont give a toss if there legal or not lol !

Yea, most MOT testers won't even notice as they look "right" in a projector headlamp. "Techincally" they are illegal but for arbitrary reasons like washers/auto aim but IMO there's no problem with them in terms of light output/glare.

Pics (although dont really give correct colour of light) im chuffed to bits, and the level they are set at seems spot on.

hidon1.jpg

hidon2.jpg

hidon4.jpg

hidon5.jpg

Alan: Yea its a 335i convertiable with 19" wheels, they tyres are a fortune for them though, shes got "run flats" or whatever they are so if you get a puntcture you can drive for a bit. She cant park though which makes me cringe because most of the wheels were kurbed within about a month of her buying the car brand new :(

AK

M240i
Alan: Yea its a 335i convertiable with 19" wheels, they tyres are a fortune for them though, shes got "run flats" or whatever they are so if you get a puntcture you can drive for a bit. She cant park though which makes me cringe because most of the wheels were kurbed within about a month of her buying the car brand new :(

lol bloody women :rasp:

Renault Clio Sport
i want to put a hid kit in my clio 200 but not sure if i can just got the standard lights where the bulbs slot in will it be legal ? if not where can i buy new headlights ?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Projectors HID's are H1 in a MK3. Projectors are a must or they're just awful tbh and blind everyone.