ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Light conversion 8k

FULL FAT 182
As your well aware the standard headlights on the mk 1 clio are well.......................... c$%p, so i decided to copy Jay and go for the HID conversion which is 100% better. And for the price of only 169.99 it was a steal, im a happy chappy and i can actually see were im going :D . Big shout out to Jay for helping me fit them , here are a few pics we took tonight. :cool:

DSCF1882Medium.jpg

DSCF1884Medium.jpg

DSCF1883Medium.jpg

DSCF1881Medium.jpg

DSCF1880Medium.jpg

DSCF1859Medium.jpg

DSCF1865Medium.jpg

Der Panzer
Enjoy your fines. Not legal.

A car fitted with Xenons must have a headlight washers system fitted.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
AndyA4 said:

Yes, cos everyone can notice washer jets when a car drives past.... in the dark....:rolleyes:

Der Panzer
superfastdan said:
Yes, cos everyone can notice washer jets when a car drives past.... in the dark....:rolleyes:

Yeah, because Rozzers won't pull a Renault will they? They won't go over it look for something to do you for will they? :rolleyes:

AndyA4 said:

incorrect.

if the xenons came fitted on the car from the factory they must have washers....

aftermarket xenons fitted after the car left the production line do not require the washer jets.
Thanks.

Last edited:
AndyA4 said:
Yeah, because Rozzers won't pull a Renault will they? They won't go over it look for something to do you for will they? :rolleyes:

so your saying coppers just pull renaults and not audis??

lmao.. just go to an audi forum.

the renault light washers do f**k ALL anyway!

proof that the audi driver is wrong...

According to EU legislation HID systems standard factory fitted from the factory require a self levelling system and a lens washer to be fitted. However this is not specified for aftermarket kits.

Wazza, enjoy your new lights, look much better than the faint yellowy standard ones ive seen! :approve:

Looking for a ph-quick...
Andy, im affraid you dont know what your on about! Where did your source this kit from? Sounds like a worth while upgrade.
Amir

FULL FAT 182
Cheers lads, looks like ive caused a legal debate :) . IMO i think they improve vision by at least 150%, and considering demon tweeks sell almost the same kit for 600-700 pounds i think i got a good deal, and also considering they came from the states.Im regards with washer jets i think thats a load of ................. well i cant say on this forum;) .

www.hid-lights.com it's the future :rasp:

wazza16valver said:
Cheers lads, looks like ive caused a legal debate :) . IMO i think they improve vision by at least 150%, and considering demon tweeks sell almost the same kit for 600-700 pounds i think i got a good deal, and also considering they came from the states.Im regards with washer jets i think thats a load of ................. well i cant say on this forum;) .

www.hid-lights.com it's the future :rasp:

dont worry about the legal spoutig idiot, he's completely wrong.

your setup is legal :)

FULL FAT 182
fUbAr said:
dont worry about the legal spoutig idiot, he's completely wrong.

your setup is legal :)

Yeah Fubar your one of us, hey andy i bet ur never break the law

:rasp:

Looking for a ph-quick...
Which one did you pick from the drop dowm list? Theres a few to choose from H1, H4, H7, bla bla bla.................

Cheers

FULL FAT 182
AmirClio said:
Which one did you pick from the drop dowm list? Theres a few to choose from H1, H4, H7, bla bla bla.................

Cheers

H4 8000K DUAL HID (X5)

Its the second one down on the list priced at $269.99

Yup foobs is correct its only an issue if you remove washerjets from a car with factory fitted xenons retrofitting them you arent legally required to have them. Tbh the bigger issue IMO about retrofitting xenons is the lack of levelling that cars with factory fit Xenons have in an attempt to stop dazzling people.

FULL FAT 182
Loony said:
Yup foobs is correct its only an issue if you remove washerjets from a car with factory fitted xenons retrofitting them you arent legally required to have them. Tbh the bigger issue IMO about retrofitting xenons is the lack of levelling that cars with factory fit Xenons have in an attempt to stop dazzling people.

i will need to adjust the headlamp so they dont dazzle people but it was getting late at the time

soon: 172 Cup
Looks good dude, are they the same kit on both cars? as the L353 looks white/blue, sorry if its already been said but what kit has he got?

FULL FAT 182
Saxo03 said:
Looks good dude, are they the same kit on both cars? as the L353 looks white/blue, sorry if its already been said but what kit has he got?

JAY'S L reg has 9k hid
MINE (n reg) has 8k hid

BE BOTH HAVE THE SAME KIT BUT DIFFERENT TYPES

Audi TT 225 Quattro
no nick we don't have the same kit, you've gone one better and got weapon grade full beams to dazzel people with:eek:
kits are fully legal, mine went through the mot last month no problems and ive never been pulled by the old bill about them.
oh and they look class mate:D

FULL FAT 182
jay s said:
no nick we don't have the same kit, you've gone one better and got weapon grade full beams to dazzel people with:eek:
kits are fully legal, mine went through the mot last month no problems and ive never been pulled by the old bill about them.
oh and they look class mate:D

cheers buddy, im well chuffed with them now, right i need to attack some country roads now and test them out:cool:

Audi TT 225 Quattro
SuperVision 6000K Blue-White SuperVision 8000K Diamond-White XD7 8500K Violet-White X5 8000K Diamond White X5 9000KViolet-White GP Thunder 9500K Sky-BlueGP Thunder 10000K Crystal-Blue

9k does exist....

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yep, can get them for any car mate. just need to know which fitment lights you have...