ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID: Punto Projectors in Clios Headlights

Right, i want a set of HIDs but don't really want to get pulled over 24/7 and don't want to pay loads for some RS Xenons

so i was thinking, as Mk2 Puntos have projectors, can i use a HID kit with the projectors and fit them to my standard Mk2Ph2 Clio lights and once all lined up be legal?

54 plate, Arctic Blue 182
HIDS are never legal no matter what people say...

projectors will give a much much better beam pattern but to have HID/XENONS you must have :

self leveling headlights (so automatic)
and washer jets to keep them cool.

Personally i had HIDS on my last 2 cars across 4 years and never pulled and went through every MOT as they were on projectors.

:) if it aint alot of work (think it will be) to mod the projectors then go for it

Would probably be much less hassle to find some 1*2 hid headlights and fit those surely. Plug and play iirc.

HIDS are never legal no matter what people say...

projectors will give a much much better beam pattern but to have HID/XENONS you must have :

self leveling headlights (so automatic)
and washer jets to keep them cool.

Flol!!!!

Actually the washer jets are so you keep them clean, regardless of the fact the renault ones don't. there ment to be clean to stop dirt and debris affecting the beam pattern.

Technically you do need both of the above though.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
they are illegal? :S

im sure you would be fine, mine are the same as 172/182's 4300K and never been pulled over

54 plate, Arctic Blue 182
you laugh but i messed up hahahaha i meant keep clean :lolup:

im such a doooche :rasp:

Black Gold Trophy
If you want a 182 xenon to get the projector lense out of, I've got one you can have for free.
The casing on the back of the headlamp is cracked so it's not worth anything to me.

Pm me if you want it