ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Xenon lights in MK2 PH1 Dual Optics, some help and advice please?? :D

J

jakm15

hi, I have a MK2 PH1, I did the upgrade from single to dual optic lights and I’m looking for a HID kit to make the lights look like the high end cars, just a few questions I have

will the conversion I have done be a problem?

Could somebody recommend a kit?

Any pics of them installed in a MK2 PH1

how hard/easy are they to fit

and finally what’s the law like on them?

Thanks a lot!

Jack.

LY R27
right, pics dont show up very good
i got mine from hids direct, and the dual optics actually make it better as hids are intended for projector head lights
otherwise they scatter light everywhere
secondly, they are illegal if not fited on the car from the factory, and so having vasher jets, and projector headlights
i wouldnt go too blue with them keep them white or you are more likely to be pulled
but eveyone i know is fine with them, as long as you get 6k or bellow id recommend
but sometimes they will see ya and not pull ya as i believe the sports have xenons, and too many cars have them from the factory to pull everyone.

excellent mod to anycar, i even HIDd my fogs, makes a brilliant increase!
hope this helps

BROCKY

I got mine from ebay - it was a guy selling off stock of HIDS4U kits, so they are decent quality.

There should be no issues providing you have wired in the dual optics correctly.

Plug and play into the existing loom.

As the dual optics are projector type lights on the dipped beam, they are made for HID's - i.e. you wont get too much beam scatter. Its for this same reason that they are legal IIRC.

A couple of mine. Not brilliant pics but they give an idea. They are 6000k - id reccomend you go for that temp, its just right IMO.
DSCF2621.jpg

DSCF2460enhanced.jpg

J

jakm15

thanks for the help, the first pic is awesome!, ill have a look on ebay

J

jakm15

just had a look at these CLICK 6000k 35W HB3.

and these for the sidelights to match the white dip CLICK

what do you think of these?

S2000
As mentioned by PM, the kit you linked to will probably work but you have a much greater risk of bulb/ballast failing with cheap kits like that and the light output will not be as good. With regards warranty, because they are based in china you will find any warranty process to be a complete pain and you will more than likely be responsible for covering all shipping costs both in returing the faulty item and sending out the new one.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
I'll get some pictures for you tomorrow Chrash, if I remember

6000k is crystal white, and look awesome. Though the side lights I have in atm are ever so slightly blue (When you first turn them on). Just so you can bare that in mind

J

jakm15

just bought some 6000k HID's and LED sidelights to match. HID's were £34 and the LED's were about £3, all off ebay, ill get some before and after pics when they arrive.

225 powered mk2
ive got them on mine, easy enough to install etc, they make such a differance, il have to get some pics ive got 6000K

Clio
I had HID's with the dual optic conversion.

You literally just plug the female connectors onto the ballast connectors, it's really easy.

J

jakm15

just got the HID kit tonight, fitted in 10 mins and look awesome. just waiting for the sidelights to come now. i ordered the HID's from china on friday and came today!